Author: ogogo (Lithuania), 19-04-2024 10:32

bug-hint - Призраки Солтмарша - Ghosts of Saltmarsh - Heroes 3 map

Thank you,
Спасибо,
Ačiū.
more...

Author: wasilix , 19-04-2024 09:51

- - Призраки Солтмарша - Ghosts of Saltmarsh - Heroes 3 map

Just in case if you didn't find a workaround mentioned in this thread in Russian: it's possible to find a flyshipyard (whatever this thing is called), and use it to fly over to these tents. Not sure if that's the intended way, but in case basilisk quest is bugged, that's a workar more...

Author: wasilix , 19-04-2024 09:50

- - Призраки Солтмарша - Ghosts of Saltmarsh - Heroes 3 map

People in this thread mentioned in Russian, that it's possible to find a flyshipyard (whatever this thing is called), and use it to fly over to these tents. Not sure if that's the intended way, but in case basilisk quest is bugged, that's a workaround you can use. more...

Author: Mango (Vietnam), 19-04-2024 00:53

-5 power by doing quest - Ira the Mage - Heroes 3 map

I also got stuck in Efreet fight, but after that i remembered the seer that give you -5 power by doing his quest. Hope this help s/o get stuck in the future.
Its near the stable right before you water walk to get into the fight
more...

Author: Andor (UK), 18-04-2024 23:29

Feedback - Battle Royale - Heroes 3 map

SPOILER: Some of this issues might be caused by Wogification and new terrain I guess.

So the artifacts that are on islands for some reason AI doesn't touch them.

Few buildings that I couldn't reach:
Lizard Den around middle of the map
Refuge camp North on the map south of the Cast
more...

Author: Andor (UK), 18-04-2024 23:19

Edit - Battle Royale - Heroes 3 map

There are a few issues on the map, nothing major.

A few unreachable places
More important one, the first Quest Tower lvl 20 req is passable so you can go in there at any level.
more...

Author: Honey Locust (Usa), 18-04-2024 18:30

Crystal dragons - Battle Royale - Heroes 3 map

Your intuition is right but I won’t spoil the surprise beyond that ;) it’s a small reward but a nice one nonetheless! They’re set to the default spawn / growth, some of my play tests the CPU actually took them out but I guess if no one does early on they quickly get out of hand.

There are some ot
more...

Author: Honey Locust (Usa), 18-04-2024 18:27

Thanks! - Battle Royale - Heroes 3 map

Good to know! I will work on some fixes when I get more feedback so I can upload it all at once. What places were unreachable? I thought I blocked off that tower correctly but I guess not! more...

Author: Al (Canada), 18-04-2024 17:53

Great map - Island of Rabbits - Heroes 4 map

Awesome map! 10/10 would recommend more...

Author: Andor (UK), 18-04-2024 17:52

Edit - Battle Royale - Heroes 3 map

There are a few issues on the map, nothing major.

A few unreachable places
More important one, the first Quest Tower lvl 20 req is passable so you can go in there at any level.
more...

Author: Andor (UK), 18-04-2024 14:52

Thank you! - Battle Royale - Heroes 3 map

What an amazing map.

The only regret is that I never found out what lied behind the (in my case) Hordes of Crystal dragons that probably guarded some treasure related to the tents.

No one really had the army to defeat then, either because they were to many, WOGification or just the fact that
more...

Author: Francois (France), 18-04-2024 13:08

Not buggy, but Heroes VV.V mod version 1.36 necessary - Armageddon Blade - Heroes 7 map

Thank you for your comment.
I don't understand some bugs. Before releasing it, my brother and I tested this map and found no bugs (I ALWAYS test my maps before publishing them).
1- There is no fight to recover the Armageddon Blade, you just have to find Sir Christian's tomb. So I don
more...

Author: tom (kitchener, canada), 18-04-2024 12:50

Fun map but a little buggy - Armageddon Blade - Heroes 7 map

Like the map. nice job. FYI finding it a little buggy. heroes disappear if you leave them in castle to defend. once they defend castle they are gone by next turn. could not recover hero by sending a second hero to prison to battle. you get to battle but you don't get the prisoner. had to battl more...

Author: Alex (Switzerland), 18-04-2024 07:23

Single player is too easy - This is Legion - Heroes 3 map

On the one hand, I like the idea of the map - all players start with strong armies and towns are well-guarded. However, the AI simlpy cannot compete with a human player here:
1. AI cannot combine combination artifacts, yet getting the one near your starting town is the main priority in the early ga
more...

Subscribe to our Telegram Channel "maps4heroes.com" to be the first to receive NEW Maps and News for Heroes of Might & Magic 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2!

How can I support maps4heroes.com ?

YooMoney:
Login / Register on Maps4Heroes.com
Heroes 7 (VII) - Maps Heroes 6 (VI) - Maps Heroes 5 (V) - Maps Heroes 4 (IV) - Maps Heroes 3 (III) - Maps Heroes 2 (II) - Maps

Subscribe to our Telegram Channel "maps4heroes.com" to be the first to receive NEW Maps and News for Heroes of Might & Magic 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2!

Heroes3 - Your opinions about The Devil Is In The Detail - map rating = 50 Likes

Title:
Type your opinion in the space below:
Your name:
E-mail:

Your vote:
City, Country:
Attach the picture: (Gif, Jpeg)
Download map The Devil Is In The Detail - heroes 3 mapsDownload map The Devil Is In The Detail - heroes 3 maps

Download map -> The Devil Is In The Detail

Heroes 3: Horn of the Abyss

HotA 1.7 Factory update

Quite a few various updates to the map, incl 3/9 oclock changes, lowered guards in player forts, small changes to water paths etc.

Factory cannot be played from the beginning, but provides an alternative strategy later.

- DD, Fly banned
- Slow, Resurrect, Berserk, Clone, Town Portal can be obtained from the map

Good luck and look forward to your feedback!

Added: 04-02-2024

Heroes 3 maps: Find Hollow Earth Treasure! | The First Circle | Magician, Warrior and Master | Adventure for the Grail

| 1-30 | 31-60 | 61-90 | 91-120 | 121-150 | 151-180 | ... | 241-249 |

Author: Eternal35, 12-08-2023 01:51 Like
Must be played - The Devil Is In The Detail
Very good map, really challenging, one of the most classic comunity map ;)

koget writes:
13-08-2023 00:14

Thanks - The Devil Is In The Detail

Thanks, I never expected it to become that big

Author: Рашид, 02-08-2023 21:31 Like
45 дней - та же схема, но! - The Devil Is In The Detail
Можно пройти еще быстрее - лазурные драконы из хижин провидцев нужны только 8-10 штук. Но нужен раскаченный дипломат и плащ дипломата - чтобы пробивать гарнизоны антимагии. Нужны стрелки к дипломату - как можно больше и хороший бюджет. Только гарнизоны антимагии в подземелье делают карту дольше проходимой... Еще - если быстро найти 500 крестьян и 8 кабанов - то поменять их на 8 коричневых драконов и продать - так можно пополнить бюджет)
45 дней - та же схема, но! - The Devil Is In The Detail

Incognita writes:
04-08-2023 01:44

Видео? - The Devil Is In The Detail

А полное видео прохождения за 45 дней?

Рашид writes:
14-08-2023 17:14

Полного нет - есть ключевой последний гарнизон антимагии - The Devil Is In The Detail

youtu.be/IoMTwuI41FM - здесь это окончательное пробивание гарнизона антимагии, остальные противники незначительны

Полного нет - есть ключевой последний гарнизон антимагии - The Devil Is In The Detail

Author: Рашид, 21-07-2023 08:47 Like
Прохождение за 57 дней - The Devil Is In The Detail
Приблизительно происхождение описано под видео: https://youtu.be/dPAOgbzjecs
Прохождение за 57 дней - The Devil Is In The Detail

Author: Рашид, 20-07-2023 12:03 Like
Как пройти карту Импосибл за 90- дней - The Devil Is In The Detail
Прохождение сценария Дьявол в деталях за максимально короткое время:
- игра за фиолетовых
- наем всех с поместьем - максимум дохода в день добиваемся...
- башни на дереве две шт метим на первой неделе(но стрелков не берем), рядом со второй лагерь беженцев - стоим на наем на конец первой неделе и ждем появления существа 7го уровня на начало второй недели - хороший старт даст брать всё что по дороге...
- Дессу и Мореплавателей развиваем, так же дипломата. Дипломат если повезет присоединяет тех кто может присоедениться...
- на 3 неделе собираем стрелков и пробиваемся к воде наверх(желательно мореплаватель).
- так же пробивается дипломат например в подземелье за ожерелье морского пути
- так же если есть кто посильнее - за кошелем золота к провидцу, который потом на шляпу капитана и в итоге сделаем шляпу адмирала..
- пробрались к морю и первым делом на остров к провидцу за двумя лазурниками, ресурсов всех по 20 + 20т. золота
- нехватку ресурсов если дипломат поприсодинял можно на внешнем обменнике монстров на ресурсы дополнить... и ненужных монстров - туда-же, и артефакты ненужные - тоже там при пробиваниик морю обменник есть на ресурсы...
- 3-4-5 неделя уже со шляпой и двумя лазурниками плаваем берем замки вокруг, берем храмы морей, берем остальных 8-10 лазургников по провидцам на островах
- качаем кого-то до 18+ магии(Десса самое то..), на одном из островов до 4 уровня магию - там восстановить есть, потом не менее 6-8 лазурников на центральный остров за порталом города и хождением по воде, + с магией восстановить и не менее 18ти силы можно два города на центральном острове взять
- так же берем внешние два жилища лазурников
- всех кто рядом мочим(7-10 неделя), ненужные артефакты продаем
- берем все города "наверху", обмениваемся магией и находим берсерк - или за мумии или поднять кого замочили из подземелья - у того обычно есть берсерк...(получить через обмен нашим накаченным...)
- с сферой уязвимости и берсерком пробиваем гарнизоны без магии, берем три города подземелья
- деньги увеличиваем если с помощью форта на холме - до 4 го уровня все монстры на нем улучшаются дешевле "чем дома", у захваченных у компа городов обычно хороший прирост таких - напрмиер есть 100000, скупили на 90000 всех кого можно до 4го уровня не улучшенных, улучшили холмом внешним(нормальным, не тем что наоборот в два раза дороже), потом в цитадели через гильдию наемников продали(когда городов с рынками куча - продажа один к одному за что взяли бы...) - получили 130000 приблизительно.
- еще про деньги: если повезло то в сопряжениях, причалах и башнях комп накопил кучу 1го уровня по 25-30золота - их набрали, поменяли в подземелье на скелеты - улучшили - продали, тоже схема работает для увеличения существующего бюджета
- дипломата раскачали как стрелка, собрали плащ дипломата и как в этом видео потихоньку пробиваем гарнизоны антимагии.
- паралельно мореплавотелями берем "дьявольские и драконьи" города...

Видое: https://youtu.be/dPAOgbzjecs

Author: Cicerón (Spain), 27-06-2023 17:50
New classic map - The Devil Is In The Detail
Looking in my high scores:
*the devil is in the detail(I) 301 days 380 score
*the devil is the detail (old version) 279 days 380 score.
Both impossible dificulty.
Very good map, but waiting for the really impossible one, thx ;)

wasilix writes:
28-06-2023 09:56

Hey, it's easy :) - The Devil Is In The Detail

If you really want an impossible version, you can do it yourself no problem. Here are a few suggestions:
1. Add a player-only event that takes away all of your resources every day.
2. Prohibit building creatures beyond level 3 in your own biome.
3. Increase AI boost tenfold in terms of creatures and resources.
4. Give DD and Fly to pink and teal heroes.

That should do :)

Koget writes:
07-07-2023 15:27

Difficulty - The Devil Is In The Detail

I think you will get the best difficulty experience if you avoid making save/load and battle repeats.

Author: Vardek, 09-06-2023 10:05
Which difficulty ? - The Devil Is In The Detail
Hello, little question here : which version of the map is the hard one (not the impossible) : the one with H in the title and hard in description ? or the one with none of that but hard set in map difficulty ?

Koget writes:
09-06-2023 12:06

Version - The Devil Is In The Detail

Hi Vardek,

Overall, you have 3 versions:

- version that comes with Hota (just “devil is in the detail”)
- hard version, with [h], many updates but difficulty level comparable with one in Hota
- impossible version, with [i], many updates and most difficult out of 3

Vardek writes:
09-06-2023 15:52

Thx - The Devil Is In The Detail

Ooooh, thanks !
So I'm missing the impossible version ! Not a problème anyway, I'm not good, so the hard version will be close enough of impossible for me :D

Author: Vasya Pupkin, 06-06-2023 06:07
good map - The Devil Is In The Detail
A really well made map, although not as difficult as i expected it to be. Played the impossible version twice as Castle and Stronghold, here's some feedback:

1. It's very easy to get an admiral's hat, but AIs never get it for some reason. As the result, the game becomes unlosable after getting the hat - can just jump from island to island in absolute safety and AI can't do anything about it. They also don't hire anything to defend a town unless you unboard nearby, so you get free towns with lots of units available for hire.
2. The start is very dependent on rng - what units are guarding the key spots, and who of them will join.
3. AI heroes' stats are falling behind too fast -- once you start surfing the sea, you very quickly get stats far above even the strongest AI heroes.

Koget writes:
06-06-2023 10:15

Feedback - The Devil Is In The Detail

Hi Vasya,

Congrats on completing the map.

Overall, the map is what it is. It is not built to be a real challenge map, but more of a “anyone can try” challenge map. Some of the mechanics you mentioned cannot be controlled, and the better player you are, the more you will abuse them.:-) the design that aims at replayability and allowing different strategies usually also allows good players to find an optimal path and therefore win easily.

Thanks for a review!

Author: Simon (Israel), 02-06-2023 14:59
Weird update - The Devil Is In The Detail
I have played many of the previous versions, enjoyed them and provided the necessary feedback, here is my feedback for the current version:

Pros:
1. Pink hero is a bit more challenging
2. Slow quest

Cons:
1. Removal of resurrection
2. Teal is underwhelmingly weak (I have captured all his towns at month 5 with ease)
3. Removal of Gelu
4. Dracon and Tark in taverns
5. Slow movement on the map and lots of useless areas
6. If you start with Tower, Stronghold or Fortress you barely move
7. Useless heroes in prisons (except for Sir Mullich)
8. AI heroes could be more challenging but not just in the way that they get a massive troop/gold boost

This map has an awesome potential, keep up the good work!

koget (Denmark) writes:
04-06-2023 16:07

Update - The Devil Is In The Detail

Hi,

Thanks for a review - generally fair feedback. I have requested an update (should be on site soon). Overall Gelu and Dracon are too strong on such a map, hence I cannot add them back (only for impossible version)

- few changes here and there, removed dracon ))
- added resurrection to all conflux towns (mid and on islands around, except starting conflux towns - so player have to build up the mage guild

Author: Aaron (Tampa USA), 01-06-2023 05:05
Excellent Map - The Devil Is In The Detail
Very hard but worth the battles.

Started with Cove as green
Held off attacks
Traveled to middle to learn TP
Collected Resurrection from middle
Got random enemy I killed in tavern
Built up and attacked other heroes until winning month 7 week 4

Author: Bill (Switzerland), 21-05-2023 01:42
Resurrection not working properly - The Devil Is In The Detail
I got resurrection from the quest of killing the Leeches, but when I use it in battle the effect doesn;t last after the fight and the resurrected creatures are lost. Is this normal?

koget writes:
22-05-2023 00:53

Resurection - The Devil Is In The Detail

Maybe you have ring of oblivion equiped?

wasilix writes:
22-05-2023 10:14

- - The Devil Is In The Detail

It is normal, because evidently you don't have earth magic. To make resurrected troops stay alive after the battle you need at least advanced proficiency.

Author: Oleg Shelemetev (London, England), 20-05-2023 17:41
Rampart Dwarf Treasuries carried the game - The Devil Is In The Detail
When I started as Rampart faction I knew that my start will be slow and I will fall behind very quickly. So I decided to play very dirty from the get go - dig every coastline to prevent AI from disembarking, accumulated 7kk gold from the 10% weekly interest and gave every single hero in the tavern Expert Wisdom, Expert Earth Magic, 10SP and Town Portal. I had no armies to kill the teal and pink heroes, so I spent 1 million gold per enemy hero to hit+run (hit+death if they have shackles) and that’s how I decimated necro armies as well as teal heroes. Yes I lost a lot of experience that way, but Shackles of War+no Resurrection Ring+3k Liches feels like cheating. In the end money wins wars and necro faction found out the hard way

koget (Denmark) writes:
24-05-2023 23:14

Amazing - The Devil Is In The Detail

Very creative strategy. :) How many months did it take?

Richard Flynn (London, England) writes:
25-05-2023 14:39

How long the game was - The Devil Is In The Detail

It took about 9 months for me to decimate all the strong enemy armies, take control of the center and confine the enemy to south of the map. After that I stopped playing, because there was no more challenge

Author: kkk (usa), 26-04-2023 07:10
mystery, help - The Devil Is In The Detail
In the harder version, I'm playing cove. Stronghold took a town from me. It hired 7 tier 7, 14 tier 6, etc. But if I took the town back before it hires, there was only normal amount of creatures from one week of growth. Why is that?

Thanks.

kkk (usa) writes:
26-04-2023 17:05

i know now - The Devil Is In The Detail

I know now. It's an event for AI

Author: kkk (usa), 24-04-2023 17:22
question - The Devil Is In The Detail
Hi mapmaker,
I have a question. I see globally in map editor, summon boat is banned. But in a elementals town, I developed summon boat. Why is that?

Thanks.

Koget writes:
24-04-2023 17:48

Summon boat - The Devil Is In The Detail

Town setting overrules map setting.

kkk (usa) writes:
25-04-2023 11:17

ty - The Devil Is In The Detail

Oh thanks.
I was looking at only the "may" appear part of town settings. Now I see the "must" appear part.

Actually first part doesn't override global setting. The second part does. Interesting.

Author: joey (denmark), 15-04-2023 17:36
Need help! - The Devil Is In The Detail
How can i find gelu's imprisonenment! pls advise and help!

koget (Denmark) writes:
16-04-2023 00:42

Gelu - The Devil Is In The Detail

In Hota version, it is in rampart biom prison. In Impossible version downloaded from this site there is no Gelu on the map.

Joey writes:
17-04-2023 13:56

Tp - The Devil Is In The Detail

Right. I found it. Been seaching everywhere but! In my defence it doesnt look like a normal prison like i. Hd3:)
I got another issue. Where is the townportal?

koget (Denmark) writes:
18-04-2023 12:01

TP - The Devil Is In The Detail

Check middle

Author: koget (Denmark), 13-04-2023 23:31
Opinion - The Devil Is In The Detail
Hi Jack, what kind of maps do you like?

Author: Jacks, 13-04-2023 20:44
A Frustrating and Pointless Experience: My Angry Review of a Heroes 3 Map - The Devil Is In The Deta
I have played the Heroes 3 map, and I can honestly say that it's one of the worst gaming experiences I've ever had. From the beginning, I was frustrated with the monotonous and dull landscape that lacked any originality or challenge. It was as if the creator of the map had zero creativity and imagination.

But the worst part was the hopeless AI, which was full of errors and inconsistencies. It was as if the map creator had done no testing at all. The enemies I encountered were underpowered and easy to defeat, and they provided no exciting battles or challenges. It felt like playing against a group of toddlers who didn't know how to play the game.

And to make matters even worse, there was also a lack of resources and objects on the map, making it impossible to build up my army to handle any sort of resistance. It was a frustrating and pointless experience that I would not recommend to anyone.

I cannot understand how anyone could have spent time and effort creating such a terrible map. I will definitely not waste my time on this again, and I encourage others to avoid it like the plague.

Valery writes:
14-04-2023 01:30

+ - The Devil Is In The Detail

Hi jacks,

Don't be mean, fans invest their free time to make maps so others can play. You are free to constructively criticize but calling the map "bad as plague and do not play it" is 10 years old attitude. You are of course welcome to present one of your own.

wasilix writes:
14-04-2023 12:19

@koget, man, what a mature response +1

@Jacks, amidst your rage and frustration there are some inconsistencies. Namely:
1. If you ever paid attention, this map has many positive evaluations and comments, most of which are praising the map maker and his work. But we can skip appeal to authority altogether.
2. You find the map all too easy at the same time as you complain about a lack of resources required to build yourself an army "to handle any sort of resistance". It's either one or another, or neither, but definitely not both.

Other than that I can only echo what Valery said above. It's one thing to make an attempt of giving constructive criticism, and it's completely different to vent your frustrations without any respect for rationality.

Koget writes:
12-06-2023 15:20

Chatgpt - The Devil Is In The Detail

Now I also realized that whole review is written by an AI, not sure what the point was then. Haters gonna hate.:-)

wasilix writes:
13-06-2023 09:29

Interesting... Maybe it was the same hopeless AI, that was mentioned there... There's some consistency after all :)

David (Ljubljana, Slovenia) writes:
12-12-2023 18:11

AI - The Devil Is In The Detail

Could be the Pink AI. Frustrated because it couldn't get to AB + TP fast enough, so it wants to discourage new players from trying.

Author: Crantor (USA), 30-03-2023 17:39
A+ design - The Devil Is In The Detail
One of the best maps I’ve played

Author: eugene (Vietnam), 21-03-2023 17:07
Best Map Ever Made - Fun & Challenging - The Devil Is In The Detail
I started as Valeska on the Impossible map with no resources, got lucky with Dracon (free enchanters) on week 2, went for azure quest and arch angle, contest middle on month 2 but couldn't get armageddon blade, finished clone & elixir on month 3 with Dessa, complete fangarms quest on month 4 then the rest was easy. 

Many thanks to the developers for your efforts on this map.
Best Map Ever Made - Fun & Challenging - The Devil Is In The Detail

Osses (Poland) writes:
04-06-2023 22:28

Nice - The Devil Is In The Detail

That's pretty impressive for 4month play!Big up from Poland

Author: Søren Kierkegaard (Denmark), 16-03-2023 01:28 Like
Øl, fisse & hornmusik - The Devil Is In The Detail
Intet mindre end episk. Kæft jeg har spillet det her map mange gange, efter jeg downloadede HotA for første gang, og mappet fulgte med. En af de eneste baner, der altid er udfordrende med masser af taktiske manøvrer.

Min rekord er 5 måneder 3 uger og 2 dage med elverne på hard. Klarede den også på 6 måneder og et-eller-andet på impossible, men fik genstartet min highscore ved en fejl, så kan ikke huske præcist, hvor hurtigt det var. Synes alligevel ikke der er vild stor forskel på hard og impossible, så længe man er klar på at genstarte lidt på impossible for at få den perfekte start.

Jeg har dog ikke spillet den seneste version. Så en gut på YouTube speedrunne mappet på under tre måneder, hvilket lod til at være en opdateret version.

Selvom det rangerer som værende et af de maps, jeg har spillet mest, og muligvis den bedste HOMM3-oplevelse, jeg har haft, kan late game godt blive ret repetitive. Men det er nok også, fordi HOMM3 AI meget af tiden er idiotisk. Eks. hvis man har det der sø-item, så kan man altid holde skibet lige ude foran jorden ved et town, uden AI beskytter det. Og så bliver det lidt hack n slash med at få samlet de diverse castles, og derefter samle en stor hær af phoenixes osv. vha. town portal.

Hvis man når ud til midten før AI, er det endnu mere hack n slash. Men racet derud er stadig møgsjovt. At få heroes i undergrunden før teal er også et sjovt ræs. Var dernede og få den hero med de 15 sorte drager i fjerde uge, det var sgu sjovt og svært at nå.

Nå nå, slut med den danske rant, tak for god underholdning koget. Du har gjort Danmark stolt med det her map

Author: Fanboy, 26-02-2023 11:33
"Return with 4 Wyverns" quest - The Devil Is In The Detail
I play as Red, the nearby hut gave me this quest.
The closest Wyvern net is on the other side of the map.
If I played as Fortress it would be very easy to complete this quest.
Is this an imbalance or I missed something?

Fanboy writes:
26-02-2023 11:42

Rep - The Devil Is In The Detail

Found it, there is a Dragonfly hive next to the hut hehe

Author: Basil (Greece), 21-02-2023 10:47
Can't download - The Devil Is In The Detail
Hey there, I'm having an issue downloading this map (didn't try for other maps).
I keep getting an adblock popup, but I've disabled my adblocks for this site, even disabled them on the browser completely, and I'm still getting the same popup.
Any tips on how toget past this issue?
Thanks
(Also since this is a comment in the voting section: I've been having a blast with an older version of this map - still haven't beaten it, I'm just getting back to HOMM after an almost 20 year hiatus, so I can't really say much about the difficulty, cause I'm bad, but man this map is interesting, everey time I'm getting a little further, I hope to beat it on my next try! Any other similar maps that are good for solo play that you'd suggest?)

evgkuz writes:
21-02-2023 13:20

Perhaps the ad is blocked by a firewall or antivirus program, try disabling ad blocking there. - The

Hello.

Perhaps the ad is blocked by a firewall or antivirus program, try disabling ad blocking there.

Basil (Greece) writes:
26-02-2023 00:55

Thanks - The Devil Is In The Detail

Turns out it was an option in my browser as it had a built in adblock as well!
Thanks/ :)

Author: Mihailo Mihailovic (Serbia), 03-02-2023 22:47
Unbalance - The Devil Is In The Detail
While this is a very fun map, it is 95% luck based. Basically, your entire run is dependent on when you get hit by teal AI. Case in point, this to me seems 100% impossible to do anything about, which is not good design. While the army is not too huge (apart from 15 feary dragons), it's also attached to a hero with 50 Power and 20ish att/def/knowledge.

koget (Denmark) writes:
04-02-2023 23:43

Hi Mihailo,

Thanks for you feedback - keep on fighting - maybe it is not a lost cause? :)

Another way could be to lower the difficulty level, that helps a lot.

If you play well on this map you take control of middle between 241-221, hence even attack like this is not that scary. Also you have Gelu, who can always outpower any army on the map in mid/long time.

Try and dont give up - even with "bad AI luck" you can still win 99% of games in the long run, just don't give up.

Crantor (USA) writes:
30-03-2023 17:38

Master of the universe - The Devil Is In The Detail

Completely agree. One of the best scenarios I’ve ever played. AI might make mistakes but 100% can be beaten even if they play perfect. Last time I played this on impossible and cove and they took Armageddon blade very early, before month 3 even and was still able to finish by month 5 or 6ish.

Author: A player (Poland), 23-01-2023 21:18
jokers - The Devil Is In The Detail
'koget: you need to play the map from day 1 without loading from saves too.'
What a joke man. You made my day, really. I just can't stop laughing.

'impy (Slovakia):
- finish the game as fast as possible
- do not use lvl 7 creatures at all
- only use creatures from your own faction etc.'
Another good joke for today.

'Ёжкин Кот (Riga, Latvia): luck meant a lot on this map for me'
That's because luck is all what this map is about. Based 90% (or more) on luck solely.

'The AI may seem like its on the brink of victory, but it never pushes for the kill.'
And that's the key point, for those who understand the AI behavior. If the CPU 'wanted' to push for the victory, no top ranked, best-in-the-world player would stand a day. True.

koget (Denmark) writes:
31-01-2023 22:02

Feedback - The Devil Is In The Detail

Hi joker,

I understand there is some prejudice towards the map or the map maker, but still, thanks for the comment (it helps on this site)

On the more positive side, do you see any improvement ideas or your post is just an empty bag of stinky air?

Author: Graf10a (US), 15-01-2023 00:49
Very tough! - The Devil Is In The Detail
This is a very tough map! It took me some time to figure out the winning strategy, especially how to deal with the pink players. I chose Castle as my starting town and even after getting all essential magic skills (TP, Clone, Berserk) and the Orb of Vulnerability (OOV), I was no match for the pink lead hero Grave which had thousands and thousands of Necro units. Plus, it was immune to the Berserk spell, so carrying the OOV did not help. Heavily abusing the Clone spell with Archangels did not help either. The solution that I found was to get the Horn of Abyss artifact and start hording Fangarms. Just in a month or so I was able to collect about 8 thousands of those and then I was able to face Grave in a very enjoyable fight. Wiped him out with zero losses.

koget (Denmark) writes:
16-01-2023 01:00

Tough but fun? - The Devil Is In The Detail

Thanks for your review and well played Graf! Indeed Horn of the Abyss is supposed to be the "closing" artefact so you do not have to farm creatures for weeks before beating pink.

All in all, did you enjoy the map?

Graf10a (United States) writes:
17-01-2023 19:47

Sure - The Devil Is In The Detail

Sure, I did enjoy the map. Thank you!

Author: Keyser Soze, 28-12-2022 14:54
Dracon - The Devil Is In The Detail
Dracon with 10 Enchanters in tawern on 1st game day :)

koget (Denmark) writes:
16-01-2023 00:59

Cannot imagine I missed it - in the most difficult version! I will fix with some version some day. ;-) Thanks.

Author: SergeyP (Germany), 24-12-2022 16:26 Like
Demon farming ftw!!! - The Devil Is In The Detail
Nice changes since I last played the default version of the map, which still had OP heroes like Gelu and Dracon. Normally I'd try to get these two as fast as possible and herd sharpshooters/enchanteurs, but since they're removed, I resorted to herd demons instead. And it worked wonderfully lol
Demon farming ftw!!! - The Devil Is In The Detail

koget (Denmark) writes:
16-01-2023 01:01

Demon farming?! - The Devil Is In The Detail

Demon farming is the last strategy I would have though of, but well, if it work, it works! Well played! ;-)

SergeyP (Germany) writes:
16-01-2023 02:38

Yes, demon farming lol - The Devil Is In The Detail

Well the strategy is kinda time (and gold) consuming, but it was fun nevertheless. With clone and tons of low tier level creatures from all the towns I captured, I managed to herd 10k+ demons with just maybe over 200 pit lords. After that the map was like a cake walk lmao.

Author: Event66 (Екатеринбург), 27-11-2022 14:40
завышенный рейтинг - The Devil Is In The Detail
Прошел на невозможном уровне. Карта скучная. Основная сложность, это найти квесты с заклинанем берсерк и клон, а также получить рог бездны. А дальше все довльно просто и предсказуемо.
Не в обиду автору, но карта далеко не самая лучшая. Я не понимаю, как у нее такой высокий рейтинг. Есть карты намного интереснее.

Author: Ratha (Belgia), 07-11-2022 19:45
Buttfucked - The Devil Is In The Detail
It was fun in the start, before I got totally wiped by everyone. Shit start when I got no rest

koget (Denmark) writes:
16-01-2023 01:02

Difficulty - The Devil Is In The Detail

Did you try to change the difficulty settings? Also, try the original hota version if one on the site is too difficult. All in all, this is supposed to be a challenging map, so don't give up!

Author: Pixie (United Kingdom), 30-09-2022 03:13
Wonderful map- bittersweet - The Devil Is In The Detail
Hi
I remember I tried the map a long time ago, the version which comes with HotA and I always lost and then just lost interest.
However, recently I have been looking for challening maps which give you the option to choose from different starting factions (and actually use their creatures). A lot of maps are very linear and rigid in terms of progression and starting towns so really appreciated the choice. So I actually ended up trying the impossible version (slow, res, clone etc. only available from quests). I though "I can't even beat the hard version, so why not try the impossible one? What could go wrong?! :))".
And so it began... Quite a few attempts (mostly tried fortress and tower as they are my fav factions) and lots of frustration. Always lost.
So, I decided to try a different approach, so chose Adela and castle. Diplo helped with a fast start but wasn't really useful late game as most creatures seemed to be set to aggressive or maybe I did not have enough money. I think the only reason I won this time is because I got lucky - got orb of vulnerability from a very weak green AI hero, I had expert fire and berserk. Some of the fights I still had to replay quite a few times but I believe I finished in month 10.
Quite a challenging map so winning was extra satisfying.
One small negative aspect: each player gets a prison hero with slow but then defeating the liches also gives you slow from the quest? I know on easier versions the liches quest gives you res but in this version it gives you slow which seems a bit redundant. So maybe give some other type of reward from the quest or a prison hero with a different spell?
Thank you so much! Great work.

impy (Slovakia) writes:
03-10-2022 18:30

Slow spell - The Devil Is In The Detail

Not every faction gets a prison hero with a spell Slow, only Tower. Giving Grindan as a prison hero to Tower was pointed out to a mapmaker that he overlooked that Grindan has a starting spell - Slow (unless it was intention which I doubt).. Consider it a bonus I guess :)
Once you are familiar with the map and still looking for a challenge, there are ways:
- finish the game as fast as possible
- do not use lvl 7 creatures at all
- only use creatures from your own faction etc.

Giang vu (Vietnam) writes:
24-10-2022 05:09

Tips for stronghold - The Devil Is In The Detail

May you suggest me a strategy for stronghold faction?

impy (Slovakia) writes:
18-11-2022 14:55

help - The Devil Is In The Detail

focus on Behemoths or Speed, meaning make your main hero either Crack Hack or Kilgor (your prison hero) or go for Dessa and her speed. Conquer your two underground Behemoth Lairs asap to boost production. Build up useful secondary heroes to help you - example being Sorcery specialty hero who would carry a few phoenixes and use armaggedon, Scouting specialty hero, if Dessa is not your primary hero, get a logistics specialty secondary hero. Put your Admiral's hat together quickly and explore 6 x Temple of the sea for juicy artifacts, later see if you can get parts from other areas, so your secondary heroes can conquer lightly defended seaside enemy towns. Get Town Portal from the centre asap (month 3), get water walk for your secondary heroes, get Ressurection from central towns.

Author: gim, 30-08-2022 13:19
Clone still there? - The Devil Is In The Detail
Playing the "hard" version. Is the clone spell still there in the newest version? Can't find it anywhere, not in mage guilds and not in shrines.

Koget writes:
30-08-2022 15:08

Clone - The Devil Is In The Detail

Clone is in one of the mummies quest huts, the one to the right as far as i remember.

gim writes:
30-08-2022 15:44

So its only available via quest now, not only in the "impossible" version, but also in the "hard" one? The mummy quest you mentioned, can you be a bit more detailed where I get that quest? Thanks a lot and great work!

koget writes:
30-08-2022 22:38

Yes, this has been changed many versions ago (hota version is like many years old)

It is at the mid - right island at edge of the map. Same for berserk - other side of the map.

gim writes:
02-09-2022 18:43

Berserk - The Devil Is In The Detail

Berserk was actually in the mage guild :) thanks again!

| 1-30 | 31-60 | 61-90 | 91-120 | 121-150 | 151-180 | ... | 241-249 |

Heroes 3: Horn of the Abyss 1.6.1 - Download Section

Heroes 7 News

Heroes 3 map: "Atlantic Revolutions"

Heroes 3 New map: "1797:Northern Italy campaign"

Heroes 7 maps

Heroes 7 patch 2.2 now available

Heroes 7 Creatures Fortress

Heroes 7 patch 1.8 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.7 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.6 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.5 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.4 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.3 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.2.1 now available

Heroes 7 cheats

Heroes 7 available!!! - Launch Trailer

Heroes 7 - closed beta 2 now available!

Heroes 7 screenshots

Heroes 7 Elves faction

Heroes 7 Dwarves faction

Heroes 7 Academy faction

Heroes 7 Haven faction

Heroes 7 release date: 29 September 2015

Haps4Heroes.com

How can I support maps4heroes.com ?

YooMoney:

Copyright © 1999-2024 All questions and comments please mail to evgkuz@yandex.ru

Privacy Policy