Author: Razorockham (Netherland), 19-04-2024 22:04

Typical Caseneuve-map - Resistance. Game A (Fr/Ang) - Heroes 4 map

Again a well-designed, but difficult map made by Caseneuve. His world is a vast maze, with complicated solutions to open new doors. more...

Author: Razorockham (Netherland), 19-04-2024 21:46

Demonologist Anita - Nefrith's Strory - Heroes 4 map

Nefrith's Story indeed is a real RPG map. Good story-line, no mistakes. I played on champion level, but even with more easier levels this map is far from 'easy'- as the maker wants us to believe. Most helpful is the hero Anita - acquire her help and her 'summon imps' spell a more...

Author: Andor (UK), 19-04-2024 20:28

Feedback - Battle Royale - Heroes 3 map

Runs decent with WOG but as usual there are occasional error crashes, good thing is they are not permanent, a quit reload and it's gone. more...

Author: Honey Locust (Usa), 19-04-2024 18:57

Oh yeah I didn’t test it with WOG at all, no idea how it handles or balances with that, uncharted territory!

A lot of the rest of the map is randomized so that also might affect challenge level, will deff look into the placements of things, though I will say- there is a way to access that monoli
more...

Author: ogogo (Lithuania), 19-04-2024 10:32

bug-hint - Призраки Солтмарша - Ghosts of Saltmarsh - Heroes 3 map

Thank you,
Спасибо,
Ačiū.
more...

Author: wasilix , 19-04-2024 09:51

- - Призраки Солтмарша - Ghosts of Saltmarsh - Heroes 3 map

Just in case if you didn't find a workaround mentioned in this thread in Russian: it's possible to find a flyshipyard (whatever this thing is called), and use it to fly over to these tents. Not sure if that's the intended way, but in case basilisk quest is bugged, that's a workar more...

Author: wasilix , 19-04-2024 09:50

- - Призраки Солтмарша - Ghosts of Saltmarsh - Heroes 3 map

People in this thread mentioned in Russian, that it's possible to find a flyshipyard (whatever this thing is called), and use it to fly over to these tents. Not sure if that's the intended way, but in case basilisk quest is bugged, that's a workaround you can use. more...

Author: Mango (Vietnam), 19-04-2024 00:53

-5 power by doing quest - Ira the Mage - Heroes 3 map

I also got stuck in Efreet fight, but after that i remembered the seer that give you -5 power by doing his quest. Hope this help s/o get stuck in the future.
Its near the stable right before you water walk to get into the fight
more...

Author: Andor (UK), 18-04-2024 23:29

SPOILER: Some of this issues might be caused by Wogification and new terrain I guess.

So the artifacts that are on islands for some reason AI doesn't touch them.

Few buildings that I couldn't reach:
Lizard Den around middle of the map
Refuge camp North on the map south of the Cast
more...

Author: Andor (UK), 18-04-2024 23:19

Edit - Battle Royale - Heroes 3 map

There are a few issues on the map, nothing major.

A few unreachable places
More important one, the first Quest Tower lvl 20 req is passable so you can go in there at any level.
more...

Author: Honey Locust (Usa), 18-04-2024 18:30

Crystal dragons - Battle Royale - Heroes 3 map

Your intuition is right but I won’t spoil the surprise beyond that ;) it’s a small reward but a nice one nonetheless! They’re set to the default spawn / growth, some of my play tests the CPU actually took them out but I guess if no one does early on they quickly get out of hand.

There are some ot
more...

Author: Honey Locust (Usa), 18-04-2024 18:27

Thanks! - Battle Royale - Heroes 3 map

Good to know! I will work on some fixes when I get more feedback so I can upload it all at once. What places were unreachable? I thought I blocked off that tower correctly but I guess not! more...

Author: Al (Canada), 18-04-2024 17:53

Great map - Island of Rabbits - Heroes 4 map

Awesome map! 10/10 would recommend more...

Author: Andor (UK), 18-04-2024 17:52

Edit - Battle Royale - Heroes 3 map

There are a few issues on the map, nothing major.

A few unreachable places
More important one, the first Quest Tower lvl 20 req is passable so you can go in there at any level.
more...

Subscribe to our Telegram Channel "maps4heroes.com" to be the first to receive NEW Maps and News for Heroes of Might & Magic 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2!

How can I support maps4heroes.com ?

YooMoney:
Login / Register on Maps4Heroes.com
Heroes 7 (VII) - Maps Heroes 6 (VI) - Maps Heroes 5 (V) - Maps Heroes 4 (IV) - Maps Heroes 3 (III) - Maps Heroes 2 (II) - Maps

Subscribe to our Telegram Channel "maps4heroes.com" to be the first to receive NEW Maps and News for Heroes of Might & Magic 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2!

Heroes3 - Your opinions about The Devil Is In The Detail - map rating = 50 Likes

Title:
Type your opinion in the space below:
Your name:
E-mail:

Your vote:
City, Country:
Attach the picture: (Gif, Jpeg)
Download map The Devil Is In The Detail - heroes 3 mapsDownload map The Devil Is In The Detail - heroes 3 maps

Download map -> The Devil Is In The Detail

Heroes 3: Horn of the Abyss

HotA 1.7 Factory update

Quite a few various updates to the map, incl 3/9 oclock changes, lowered guards in player forts, small changes to water paths etc.

Factory cannot be played from the beginning, but provides an alternative strategy later.

- DD, Fly banned
- Slow, Resurrect, Berserk, Clone, Town Portal can be obtained from the map

Good luck and look forward to your feedback!

Added: 04-02-2024

Heroes 3 maps: Rebellion of commons | Rescue mission | Reunification of the empire | Three islands

| 1-30 | 31-60 | 61-90 | 91-120 | 121-150 | 151-180 | 181-210 | ... | 241-249 |

Author: ldgrinn, 30-08-2022 02:18 Like
Where is the quest for Admiral's hat? - The Devil Is In The Detail
I've foundNecklace of Ocean Guidance underground, but where is the Captain hat?

Koget writes:
30-08-2022 15:07

Admirals hut - The Devil Is In The Detail

You need to finish the quest on the water.

Author: Cicerón (Spain), 20-07-2022 17:42
OMG - The Devil Is In The Detail
Finished at 11/3/6 impossible (200% difficulty)
Used hero Beatrice with scouting hability.
At tenth mounth only the boss SORROW with Aromur Power of the dragon father remained.
No clone spell used.
A very tough map, THX.

Author: mrdnlove (Viet Nam), 18-06-2022 10:21
Is there a better strat? - The Devil Is In The Detail
Thank the creators for such a great map.

It is my third time playing this map (expert difficulty) my strategy is to quickly build AA (abusing clone), capture towns, go for income (with treasury in rampart), by the fifth month I get 5 million golds for my conflux army, go straight for the gates.

I wonder is there a better strategy?

I love this map :D, again great work. Really enjoy it.
Is there a better strat? - The Devil Is In The Detail

koget writes:
18-06-2022 14:30

Challenge - The Devil Is In The Detail

Hi mrdnlove

Congrats on your playthroughs. I agree that AA + clone is one of the strongest strategies (same as Gelu plays).

You can download the "impossible" version from this site to get an extra challenge - clone, slow is moved to quest sites. Combining admiral hut takes longer, etc. :-)

Jay writes:
24-10-2022 09:38

Link to download impossible version - The Devil Is In The Detail

Hi Koget, I search on this site and only 1 expert version show up. Could you send the link of impossible version?
Br,

Author: Jirka (Prague), 16-06-2022 15:59 Like
Very well made map! - The Devil Is In The Detail
Very nice map, I enjoyed it a lot! I even played it twice :-) Thanks so much for making it!

Author: miller, 09-06-2022 08:36
need this game - The Devil Is In The Detail
this is my game

Author: Рашид, 08-06-2022 14:46 Like
Как пройти невозможную версию за 80 дней? - The Devil Is In The Detail
Играю за фиолетовых. Так же - главное на втором месяце взять двух лазурных драконов у провидца и далее развивать наступление! Развивать лучше Дессу, Оррина и мореплавателя. Дипломаты тоже не помешают - ими начинать, чтобы присоединялись войска, которые продавать за ресурсы. Оррин-стрелок, это тот кто раньше всех пробъет гарнизоны антимагии в подземелье! 400+ чародееев, 24 титана, 18 лазурников, 54 Архангела и другие лучники - мне хватило чтобы пробить прокаченным Оррином! Мореплаватели быстро собирают лазурных драконов по островам(12шт.), прокаченный Десса легко забирает портал города в середине карты и т.д.
Как пройти невозможную версию за 80 дней? - The Devil Is In The Detail

Author: Bober, 28-05-2022 17:25
Updated version? - The Devil Is In The Detail
Does anyone have a link to this map with the updated version? The orange rough terrain etc. I've seen some screenshot, but couldn't find the download link

koget writes:
01-06-2022 23:09

Updated version - The Devil Is In The Detail

Hi Bober,

If you download from this site, you have the updated version you are talking about.

Author: Sir Trung (Lào Cai- Việt Nam), 24-05-2022 17:26
Cám ơn - The Devil Is In The Detail
Không có ý kiến

Author: Kyrre Fan, 17-05-2022 19:34
Nice map - The Devil Is In The Detail
The best map I've ever played!
Nice map - The Devil Is In The Detail

Author: thắng (hanoi vietnam), 01-03-2022 04:03 Like
thanh vien - The Devil Is In The Detail
toi muốn chơi thử

Author: Yohnstoppable, 24-02-2022 00:58
Rampart is best - The Devil Is In The Detail
Beat it for the 3rd time today. Last time I was Crag Hack which took me much longer, because I had issues getting enough money to keep a solid army.

With Rampart, though, I was actually able to build up enough of a treasury to switch gears if a unit got obliterated in a big battle. Eventually I always go Conflux due to the huge amount of those castles on the map.

This time I recruited the clone specialty hero in week 1, and he was a beast with Inferno troops. Started every fight double cloning arch devils, and they dominated.

I tend to always choose Kyrre as my main, and it is no different here. Fun how far you can travel with him at level 50+.

Author: Eternal (France), 19-02-2022 14:10 Like
Bug report - The Devil Is In The Detail
I also wanted to warn that one of pink's heroes : Grave got stuck in month 18 in the water. He just decided to stop moving after visiting sirens. This made my life much easier ... !

Author: Eternal (France), 19-02-2022 14:08 Like
Ultimate HOMM experience - The Devil Is In The Detail
Hello !
I just finished the map after.... 23 months. After reading the comment section I really don't get how people manage to beat the map in few months.
I will try again ! I played Tan with Kyrre and end with 1300 ghost dragons, 1500 phoenixes ....

I really enjoyed the atmosphere and the journey. The first time I took the portal to hell after learning TP and discover what was underneath earth I was like... "Get out of here !"

Really good job :)

garak (london) writes:
05-06-2022 21:54

Finished in 7-4-6 (MWD) - The Devil Is In The Detail

I finished map with fortress (Tazar) on hard level (130%) on 7M 4W 6D.
Combination Archangels + Clone finally gave result. With Chaos Hydra i haven't done anything until I conquer Castle town and regruit Archangels

Author: Flashy (USA), 05-02-2022 06:17
Few suggestions from a die hard fan - The Devil Is In The Detail
Greetings! This is my favorite hota expansion map, and today I found about your recent update and get excited. I have been playing the original version(which comes with hota 1.6.1), and I can beat this map (the original version) with S/L within 45 days. Here are some suggestions about the map and the latest version:

1. I noticed that you disabled slow spell and some heroes with initial slow spell, but it seems you forget Grindan.

2. Makes resurrection only available from center castle is a bad idea. I understand that you want the players to pay some price to learn this spell, but the current design makes red/castle the only legitimate choice for die hard fans. Players are forced to use archangel+clone combo, or lose a ton of troops at center castle. I would suggest the original design: trading mummies for the spell, and this is the only way to make it FAIR for every player. If you want the players to pay more price, just request gold or more mummies.

3. I also noticed that clone and berserk are disabled and can only be learned from seer's hut. This shows some really nice understanding of H3 tactics. But the real reason why these skills are powerful is "clone+archangel combo" and "expert fire+berserk+orb of vulnerability combo". The latter combination is just IMBA, especially when orb of vulnerability makes pink undead bosses not immune to berserk anymore. Please consider removing this artifact.

4. The randomness (on the relic artifacts) is making people like me crazy. I understand randomness is necessary to make this map fun, but this should not be applied to relic artifacts. I would replace all the random relic artifacts to fixed ones, or just disable some trash relic artifacts, such as boot of polarity and endless sack of gold.

5. Disable Gelu is understandable, but please disable Dracon at the same time, or it just seems not fair. But I suggest keeps those two, and ask for additional 40000 and 30000 gold.

6. Please add more hint to the map and make new players suffer less. It's a G size map, and not everybody can figure out quickly where to find the crucial spells and items. If you disable something, just let people know since day 1.

7. Entirely remove necromancy, including the secondary skills on pink heroes. Necromancy only makes the pink heroes WEAKER, and there's a trick about how to easily defeat the anti-magic pink garrison. I don't know if this is your original plan, if not just remove necromancy from pink heroes.

Defeat any pink hero. Find the defeated hero from tavern. Use the pink hero to defeat the 3 easy pink garrison. After this you can easily summon 30k skeleton (warriors), and destroy the anti-magic garrison.

Yufeng writes:
18-04-2022 07:37

Remove Armageddon Blade? - The Devil Is In The Detail

The AB is clearly not a balanced item. A player can rush to get it in month 2 and it’s gg.

koget writes:
18-06-2022 14:44

Updates - The Devil Is In The Detail

Hi,

Thanks for your kind opinions.

I have of course removed Grindan, and I have also removed Dracon (for impossible version).

I have added a "slow" message for new playes. :-)

As for rehiring pink heroes in the tavern, this has been fixed quite long time ago and noone but pink/teal can hire necromances.

Author: Dmitry (United Kingdom), 18-11-2021 13:24
No spell research - The Devil Is In The Detail
Why is spell research not available on the latest version of the map (it is there on hota version)?
I'm trying a strategy with Armageddon hit-runs. And without spell research it means restarting until I find it in one of underground cities

impy writes:
24-11-2021 17:37

armageddon - The Devil Is In The Detail

I don't think spell research was ever allowed on any version of this map.
As for armageddon, you have 10 x level 4 shrines in total above ground, you are almost guaranteed to find this spell

Author: Szabó László (Magyarország), 29-10-2021 17:49 Like
Kaszaper - The Devil Is In The Detail
remekbe szabott és nagyon nehéz térkép!!!!

Author: vb (Romania), 24-10-2021 20:46 Like
small glitch - The Devil Is In The Detail
Hi. In the current version, the road to the garrison from orange to purple is blocked (a few step away from the garrison).

koget writes:
25-10-2021 01:25

Bug - The Devil Is In The Detail

Hi,

I just checked both the original Hota version and one on site - none of them seem to have the issue? Can you redownload and see?

vb (Romania) writes:
25-10-2021 21:22

re - The Devil Is In The Detail

Checked the original Hota version I have, that one is ok.
Re-downloaded the map from here just to be sure. Attached a screenshot of where I mean, if that helps (Imp diff version).

PS. Thanks a lot for the map. The best one I ever played.

re - The Devil Is In The Detail

koget writes:
30-10-2021 01:25

Thanks - The Devil Is In The Detail

You are correct, update should be soon on the site. I have also removed Gem as she should have been removed before. :-)

Author: Рашид, 23-10-2021 22:05 Like
[HotA] The Devil Is In The Detail [Impossible].h3m за 99 дней - The Devil Is In The Detail
За красного можно быстрее пройти, оказывается сфера уязвимости есть в этой карте, но нет клона и гелу. Есть дракон)
Тактика и стратегия такая же:
- не строим ничего у себя, не тратим деньги - а забираем всех лазурных драконов - т.е. 12шт. за все ресурсы по 20 и 20000.
Все ненужные артефакты продаем - так как денег постоянно не хватает.
Нужно накопить армию, которая пробьет ворота антимагии - волшебник-дракон с 600+ чародеями хватит и 20+ лазурных драконов, 70+ Архангелов, 100+ фениксов, 70+ титанов - этой армии хватит для завершения карты
[HotA] The Devil Is In The Detail [Impossible].h3m за 99 дней - The Devil Is In The Detail

Рашид writes:
24-10-2021 14:46

Ускорение карты за счет увольнения героев - The Devil Is In The Detail

При увольнении-найме героя с новым ходом, Десса и других накаченных предварительно посещаем ими колодец путника - это дает +1000 к ходу при новом найме в этот же день

koget writes:
25-10-2021 01:28

Good game - The Devil Is In The Detail

Good game and good job my friend. :-)

Author: des007, 21-10-2021 12:07
Finally done - The Devil Is In The Detail
After several falures done in 189 days for Rampart.

Intentionally rolled Luna for quick start. First problem is teal with 50 BD that you cannot control. Used enchanters haste + ff + prayer. After taking down red by month 4 got massive addition of marksmans having 2k sharpshooters. Pink with ring of oblivion was too weak, main pink was totally controllable after dropping orb of vulnerability from Dace. Tried not to spend money as long as I could to boost them with treasuries. Didn't bother for azure dragons. Thanks for this map, have fun challengers!

kogeT (Copenhagen) writes:
21-10-2021 15:52

Good game! - The Devil Is In The Detail

Good job des. Now when you completed the map from the HotA release, you can download the one from the site for the ultimate challenge. :-) (no Gelu and other difficulty improvements)

Author: Рашид, 07-10-2021 13:46 Like
140 дней на карте [HotA] The Devil Is In The Detail [Impossible].h3m - The Devil Is In The Detail
Тяжело без сферы уязвимости и клона играть, но можно:
- заранее вытащить магию вызвать лодку
- развить героя мореплавателя
- дипломатом собрать сдающиеся войска
- мореплавателю отдать войска для победы монстров где дают 2 лазурника за 20косых и по 20 ресурсов
- оставшиеся войска менять на ресурсы - лишь бы взять лазурников
- постараться забрать всех лазурников - у меня в данном случае я на 2 мес. 2-3я неделя забрал 10 лазурников!
- Десса и мореплаватель - ими бомбить всех, кем-то забрать портал - через книжникак передавать портал всем... и т.д.
140 дней на карте [HotA] The Devil Is In The Detail [Impossible].h3m - The Devil Is In The Detail

Author: yotam, 08-09-2021 11:42
BEST MAP EVER - The Devil Is In The Detail
im playing this game for 20 years now, and this is by far the best map i have ever seen. the attention to detail here is amazing, and its a huge challenge. dont expect it to go easy guys

Author: koget, 06-09-2021 16:12
Contest for best playthrough - The Devil Is In The Detail
Please check the prized competition I posted on reddit (search reddit for H3 subreddit)

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroes3/comment s/piv95h/the_devil_is_in_the_detail_chal lenge_accepted/

Gongwazy (Polska) writes:
06-09-2021 21:51

Question - The Devil Is In The Detail

Do you allow using codes during playthrough to see how to play/maybe plan some moves?

koget writes:
06-09-2021 22:46

Cheats - The Devil Is In The Detail

No cheats allowed - you need to play the map from day 1 without loading from saves too.

Author: Wikingking, 03-09-2021 17:44 Like
Simply amazing! - The Devil Is In The Detail
This has been amazing! Someone on reddit suggested me to change the settings of this map to make it coop (i was looking for a map we can play in coop). So I changed, I was Tower and my friend played Stronghold on the opposite side.
I wanted to surrender and give up after a few months when Cyan and Pink came with thousands of units and insanely strong heroes.
They used TP but how? We spent all our money to research, no success. Located Conflux with grail building, still no tp. So it was hopeless.
Then he reached the center and dodged the AI and there came the shrine :D My 2 main heroes being scholars were useful for once :D
It was like in Endgame: portals opened, armies joined and we slowly but surely started to advance, took over upper level, then I eradicated cyan while he used a trick to avoid Death and take center Confluxes. Then we advanced and took all his Necro castles just to secure victory, save game and beat the crap out of Death taking turns on him :D What an experience!

Author: cenki1905 (istanbul, Turkey), 30-08-2021 00:51 Like
hello - The Devil Is In The Detail
this map too easy with clobe + angel cheat. watch this guy he win this game too easy and he used only clone + angel cheat. u guys should delete clone skill on this map.

cenki1905 (istanbul, Turkey) writes:
30-08-2021 00:53

hi - The Devil Is In The Detail

there a video on youtube called '' What an experience this has been! | The Devil is in the Detail part 7'' Lexiav played... he did nothing special only this clone + angel cheat. even 12 years old kid can win this map with that cheat.

30-08-2021 11:00

Clone - The Devil Is In The Detail

Hi Cenki,

Thanks for a (still positive) review! :) That is true that clone + archangel is a very strong combo.. Actually, on the map that is currently on the site the clone spell has been moved to 1 seer hat on the map making it rather difficult to acquire by castle/red. (mummy quest)

Author: kaya (istanbul, Turkey), 27-08-2021 14:06 Like
hi - The Devil Is In The Detail
best map there any other map like this?

30-08-2021 11:01

Map - The Devil Is In The Detail

Hi Kaya,

Thanks! Very glad to hear you liked the map so much. I am not sure if there are other maps like this.. most of other maps at that size focus on a more "puzzle" approach to the game rather than a classical, but hard, heroes 3 experience.

cenki1905 (istanbul, Turkey) writes:
04-09-2021 09:27

thank you - The Devil Is In The Detail

thank you for created this map. im the guy who is love big size maps and long game so there not much map like that. i hate small or medium maps. thats why i love your map hope u can make another maps too like this one.

Author: Kevin Fish (United States), 21-07-2021 08:09
I hated it for a long time.... - The Devil Is In The Detail
Lost 3 or 4 times then finally changed tactics. Never played the speed game, never even knew there was one.... Just took what I could, if Pink or Teal came calling I bought up all my creatures and ran off... AI would eventually port off to something more imprtant, usually the same week I'd go back and take the same castle back. Slowly but surely I began to take out teals heroes, except Mutare Drake and hmm, one other... Darkstorm.... week after week, I owned 6 castles, then 8, then 12.... and now I see "a" pattern, as there are several, time to switch from Cove to hoarding Conflux creatures. Huge stacks of a 2K Sea Dogs, 1K Sorcereceses, 220 Haspids and 600 Nix Warriors... now enhanced by 500 Phoenix's and 2K plus of each Storm and ice Elementals... still, the toughest 5 Pink heroes take me using Orb of Vulnerability to either blind or Hypnotize one of their stacks so I could use 70 turns to rez my stacks... other than elementals...Finally took out Plague and went straight for Hell, took it out and mopped up... yes, month 15, week 3, day 3 with lvl 49 Eovacius with (i didn't even know there was a max) lvl 99 Atk and Power...

Kevin Fish (United States) writes:
21-07-2021 08:13

PS - The Devil Is In The Detail

it should read hated it for a long time.... and now truly appreciate a great map

wasilix writes:
21-07-2021 21:12

Great read - The Devil Is In The Detail

It's been pleasure reading your review, Kevin. Through struggle there is satisfaction, and there is indeed in your case :)

30-08-2021 11:02

Lovely review - The Devil Is In The Detail

Hi Kevin

It has been a emotional read for me. Happy to hear you managed to beat the map at the end! It makes a mapmaker happy to see people struggle, but win the map at the end. :) Good job!

Author: Matt (Россия), 12-07-2021 20:30
Not challenging - unbalanced - The Devil Is In The Detail
I've tried this map for 10 times now - first one I played it usually - got facepunched on 331 by the pink - AI just decided to rush my corner.

After reading through comments I thought maybe I was degraded. People finish it in 2 month - I must be wrong. So i tried copying their playstyle. Castle, Adela first hero creeprouting and everything - so what I got out of this experience - this map is NOT AT ALL BALANCED.

Your run may be fucked up if a creep is ranged or will not give up, or a chest in the early game gives you an artifact, you may get shackles or a useless necklace instead. Your GM may not have slow (in my first run I thought slow & haste were banned because I had 5 GM and none of them had either).

People talk how wonderfull this map is, but why need this huge map, freedom of action anf random everything when you need to follow a direct route to finish the game as soon as possible? Or you will be dominated by the only prearranged artifacts and spells owned by the pink?

It just doesn't make sense. How will an ordinary player enjoy this game without lurking through tons of forums, video guides and go through map edittor to learn the main hinch?

I will finish this map, and maybe there is challenge there, will see. For now it feels like grinding for an excellent early game.

wasilix writes:
13-07-2021 06:27

Not at all like this - The Devil Is In The Detail

Like in many other maps, there are ways different ways to play this one. You can rush it out or you can play it at a normal pace. Multiple people finished the latter way, some in 12 months, some in 8, etc.

Month 2 playthroughs are only an attempt to do that as fast as possible, and by definition (and admition of some fast runners) they require many prerequisites to be successful. You can play in a totally normal way without all of that and still beat this map.

Author: Lou (Wellington, NZ), 07-07-2021 02:23 Like
Nice - but the antipodes are neglected - The Devil Is In The Detail
Currently on my second playthrough (of the HotA version) - have you considered reducing the number of heroes that Pink/Teal start with? It's just that the southern AI factions invariably hire only one hero, presumably because by the time they take their first turn, the number of active heroes on the map is already over 21. So while Red & Blue (& sometimes Tan too) are sailing the seas by month 2, the southern nations haven't even made it to their seaside locations and second towns.

Pink in particular doesn't seem to benefit from having so many heroes - typically one of them is carrying 4 or 5 Shackles, and its minor heroes are reasonably easy pickings.

To anyone who's discouraged by the difficulty - don't be. My first playthrough with Tan, I was invaded simultaneously at the beginning of month 3 by Pink, who took my southern town, and Teal, who took my Conflux. The AI may seem like its on the brink of victory, but it never pushes for the kill.

03-08-2021 11:35

Number of heroes - The Devil Is In The Detail

Hi,

Thanks for you ideas! I have experimented with number of heroes a bit and it seemed to have little to no effect on other AIs. :( So I would move more pink heroes to prisons so they pick them up over few days giving other players more time to buy heroes - but they won't do it anyway.

You can see a compromise of these updates in the latest version here on page.

Author: Victor Brand (St. Petersburg, Russia), 06-07-2021 22:16 Like
Really challenging map - The Devil Is In The Detail
I've had a great joy playing this map. Indeed, the toughest map I've ever played, it made me use all my skills in Homm. First two playthroughs were unsuccessful, I was frightened by the strength of AI. But then I studied the map and managed to win the game at 816. The final battle was the most epic of all finals. I've seized all the towns, but the pink boss with huge army came up to my capital just in the day he would lose because he lost all of his towns. In the capital, he was awaited by 47lvl Orrin with 2.7k sharpshooters, 1.3k enchanters and 214 titans. That was like "the Germans under Moscow". Ofc, my Orrin shot him to death. That was the end of pink.

I've slightly modified the map, because I found some things strange and also stumbled upon some glitches. E.g. one of pink boss heroes is Nimbus (Fatality, IIRC), but aside of he has the dumbest specialty in the game, he hasn't Eagle Eye in his skills! So, I made those heroes Death Knights: Moandor, Galthran and Vokial. Nevertheless, Galthran with 15k skels was a lackluster against Orrin's sharpshooters. I'm thinking of making them Isra, Vidomina and, perhaps, Moandor. What if we give one of them Cloak of Undead King? This would be fun. Also, I'd better forbid hiring Necropolis heroes for all players save pink.

Some nuisances: Red doesn't have the second Black Tower in his starting location. Tan hasn't second Magic Lantern, but for some reason has Nymph dwelling. Seer under Red location gives 8 Rust Dragons not for 500 peasants, but for 400. In the underground under the Orange player there is Rust Dragon dwelling, not Faerie Dragon one. Also, I'm thinking about the balance between north and south, I mean, Rust Dragons vs Faerie. Faerie Dragons are total lackluster, but Rust Dragons which I get almost for free (just wait a little bit and collect those peasants) are a good meatshield in my mid-game. You get 24 of them "for free" and can buy some else to make a decent powerstack for a secondary hero or even for the main. This is one of the reasons why north locations are stronger than south ones.

Also, I'd tweaked Sir Mullich's starting skills to make more room for his skill building.

03-08-2021 11:42

Feedback - The Devil Is In The Detail

Hi,

Congrats on beating the map! Seems for many still an achievement.

For some of your ideas for updates, you could check the latest version here from the site.

koget

Victor Brand (St. Petersburg, Russia) writes:
03-08-2021 14:44

Re: Really challenging map - The Devil Is In The Detail

Hi, kogeT!

Thanks for developing such an amazing map!

I've played the last version from this site (June 2021).

As for the archievement, frankily saying, I've save scummed a good start for me (with Boots of Speed and Shackles of War in the starting location; without these artifacts, the game would last much longer and be much more painful).

Author: Matt (Россия), 04-07-2021 09:21
Not challenging - unbalanced - The Devil Is In The Detail
I've tried this map for 10 times now - first one I played it usually - got facepunched on 331 by the pink - AI just decided to rush my corner.

After reading through comments I thought maybe I was degraded. People finish it in 2 month - I must be wrong. So i tried copying their playstyle. Castle, Adela first hero creeprouting and everything - so what I got out of this experience - this map is NOT AT ALL BALANCED.

Your run may be fucked up if a creep is ranged or will not give up, or a chest in the early game gives you an artifact, you may get shackles or a useless necklace instead. Your GM may not have slow (in my first run I thought slow & haste were banned because I had 5 GM and none of them had either).

People talk how wonderfull this map is, but why need this huge map, freedom of action anf random everything when you need to follow a direct route to finish the game as soon as possible? Or you will be dominated by the only prearranged artifacts and spells owned by the pink?

It just doesn't make sense. How will an ordinary player enjoy this game without lurking through tons of forums, video guides and go through map edittor to learn the main hinch?

I will finish this map, and maybe there is challenge there, will see. For now it feels like grinding for an excellent early game.

koget writes:
06-07-2021 10:53

Unbalanced - The Devil Is In The Detail

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your review.

Please be aware this is a custom map, not a competetive template that is supposed to be balanced. You can win the map with any faction from any position, but it may take much longer. Some of the tips here are more for "speed running" the map rather than just winning it.

As map is build for vs AI, it needs to have additional difficulty triggers as otherwise every game would just snowball immediatetly and turn into a clean up fest.

I think what people enjoy here most is the overwhelming feeling of difficulty at the beggining of the map with some challenges in later stages too, which is rare for custom maps vs AI.

Wish you good luck!

koget

| 1-30 | 31-60 | 61-90 | 91-120 | 121-150 | 151-180 | 181-210 | ... | 241-249 |

Heroes 3: Horn of the Abyss 1.6.1 - Download Section

Heroes 7 News

Heroes 3 map: "Atlantic Revolutions"

Heroes 3 New map: "1797:Northern Italy campaign"

Heroes 7 maps

Heroes 7 patch 2.2 now available

Heroes 7 Creatures Fortress

Heroes 7 patch 1.8 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.7 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.6 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.5 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.4 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.3 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.2.1 now available

Heroes 7 cheats

Heroes 7 available!!! - Launch Trailer

Heroes 7 - closed beta 2 now available!

Heroes 7 screenshots

Heroes 7 Elves faction

Heroes 7 Dwarves faction

Heroes 7 Academy faction

Heroes 7 Haven faction

Heroes 7 release date: 29 September 2015

Haps4Heroes.com

How can I support maps4heroes.com ?

YooMoney:

Copyright © 1999-2024 All questions and comments please mail to evgkuz@yandex.ru

Privacy Policy