Author: Babak Ahmadi (Canada), 27-03-2024 21:10

Awesome map - Sir Christian Map 1 Haven - Heroes 5 map

I've only started this map, but so far it has been fantastic!
One thing, Brem cannot move; I assume this is bt design, correct? I suspect he'll act when attacked.
more...

Author: Nebel 74 (CZ), 27-03-2024 19:14

thx - Finding Leena - Heroes 3 map

Hi Jovian, Thanks for the Like. I'm glad you liked the map. Cheers! more...

Author: Платон мне друг (Latvia), 27-03-2024 16:35

ROSE IS IMBA - Stir in the South - Heroes 3 map

Thx for creation.2m2w6d too easy for advanced players.20 fire birds on the beginnig of third week+one week later TP.Then Luna,Grindan and Alamar were hunting for poor computers players.Honorless victory. more...

Author: CopperPig , 27-03-2024 13:20

How to start? - Robinson Crusoe! - Heroes 3 map

Guys, how do you started this map?
There are two towns you can reach in the first week.
The first, on Robinson's island, guarded by 4 guy, I cannot beat them with 1 crusader, no spells.
The other, can be found by the sailing hero, guarded by ~40 pirates, unbeatable too.
And that's it.
more...

Author: 32167 , 27-03-2024 12:14

And good gain - Deer's Spiral - Heroes 3 map

:) more...

Author: Igor , 27-03-2024 10:08

Playing for castle - Fawn's Labyrinth - Heroes 3 map

Hi. Got stuck with one castle and cant get from the initial red islands... Anyone knows the hint? more...

Author: Germ (Hanover, USA), 26-03-2024 21:54

Mr - Kingdom Siege - The Reckoning! - Heroes 3 map

The main advantage the human player has is town portal. If facing a strong AI hero just portal away. Use visions to scout monster stacks and pick a few to let grow and harvest later. more...

Author: Deertheking , 26-03-2024 17:29

Good kind of pain - Deer's Spiral - Heroes 3 map

Still had fun figuring it out and questioning what I know about the game :D more...

Author: Jovian , 26-03-2024 17:02

Only one difference - Finding Leena - Heroes 3 map

Only one gamechanging difference i saw with the latest version -- ordinary garrison was replaced with anti-magic and devils in it with red dragons.
So in the latest version of the map you are unable to win this battle and loosing a HUGE chunk of fangrams (20k-30k).
The rest is the same. Just harde
more...

Author: Jovian , 26-03-2024 16:57

Great map! Thank you! - Finding Leena - Heroes 3 map

Finished in between 12 and 13 months.
First I started accumulating fangarms instead of leeches, so stuck with more difficult battles. Was able to get to pirates section, but was too hard. Found walkthrough on youtube assuming I was missing something or was doing wrong. Yes -- started replay with ne
more...

Author: deerdren (Czech republic), 26-03-2024 16:49

yeah - Deer's Spiral - Heroes 3 map

Ye i knew about these cheeses, was waiting if more were discovered before i patch.

Happy you enjoyed!

PS: i feel kinda bad about that part but also not really :D
more...

Author: Deertheking , 26-03-2024 16:14

Cheese - Deer's Spiral - Heroes 3 map

Thank you for this map! I always wanted to do one like this, but never got to it. You gotta have some knowledge about the game, which makes this map very desirable for nerds like me.

I accidentally found one cheese worthy of fixing maybe. If you leave Andal alive for one day in the 6 gate square
more...

Author: Valeri , 25-03-2024 23:16

Vagabonds 2.0 - Vagabonds - Heroes 3 map

New version with bug fixes and small changes based on player feedback.
Also fixes on some graphical issues that came with Hota 1.7.
more...

Author: bozo , 25-03-2024 22:59

...what else can stop him? = other human players... - Munacra I - Heroes 3 map

sorry about mistake, i never seem to point out enough the fact that all the maps i ve send to this site are MP multiplayer maps. your comment is right on the spot if you are playing alone but it was not meant to be played like that...

i ve played this map with my friend about 3 times 1v1 and we
more...

Subscribe to our Telegram Channel "maps4heroes.com" to be the first to receive NEW Maps and News for Heroes of Might & Magic 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2!

How can I support maps4heroes.com ?

YooMoney:
Login / Register on Maps4Heroes.com
Heroes 7 (VII) - Maps Heroes 6 (VI) - Maps Heroes 5 (V) - Maps Heroes 4 (IV) - Maps Heroes 3 (III) - Maps Heroes 2 (II) - Maps

Subscribe to our Telegram Channel "maps4heroes.com" to be the first to receive NEW Maps and News for Heroes of Might & Magic 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2!

Heroes3 - Your opinions about The Devil Is In The Detail - map rating = 49 Likes

Title:
Type your opinion in the space below:
Your name:
E-mail:

Your vote:
City, Country:
Attach the picture: (Gif, Jpeg)
Download map The Devil Is In The Detail - heroes 3 mapsDownload map The Devil Is In The Detail - heroes 3 maps

Download map -> The Devil Is In The Detail

Heroes 3: Horn of the Abyss

HotA 1.7 Factory update

Quite a few various updates to the map, incl 3/9 oclock changes, lowered guards in player forts, small changes to water paths etc.

Factory cannot be played from the beginning, but provides an alternative strategy later.

- DD, Fly banned
- Slow, Resurrect, Berserk, Clone, Town Portal can be obtained from the map

Good luck and look forward to your feedback!

Added: 04-02-2024

Heroes 3 maps: Jocul... cu Focul! | Dragon's Amulet | A fi sau a fi mai bun (Romania) | A fi sau a nu fi bun (Romania)

| 1-30 | 31-60 | 61-90 | 91-120 | 121-150 | 151-180 | 181-210 | 211-240 |

Author: koget, 05-06-2021 01:35
Map update - The Devil Is In The Detail
Hi all,

I have updated the map a bit - some balance ideas (little nerf to Rampart and Gelu strategy), some fixes here and there, some redesign at 3 and 9 etc. :) GL!

Author: koget, 29-05-2021 20:30
New record? :) - The Devil Is In The Detail
I believe the previous record is 68 days so seems you are currently no.1 in that competition! ;-) Congrats, glad you liked the map.

Author: Pipefish (Odessa, Ukraine), 29-05-2021 00:16
322 - The Devil Is In The Detail
before last gate
322 - The Devil Is In The Detail

Author: Pipefish (Odessa, Ukraine), 29-05-2021 00:08
Take my hat off to KogeT - The Devil Is In The Detail
finished in 65 days (322)
1. Main hero Kyrre (final params - 31/27/28/22)
2. Fast center
3. One secondary hero had diplomacy, so final army had:
- 1150 Sharpshooters
- 42 Archangels
- 12 Azure
- 40 Devils
- 500 Evil eyes
- 30 Black dragons

The BEST map ever!

Pipefish (Odessa, Ukraine) writes:
30-05-2021 18:41

very nice - The Devil Is In The Detail

This map is a true diamond. Every single game day is important, money, resources, heroes moves, all that you need to control all the way till the end. I have played it I guess more then 10 times. Have tried almost for an each race, but the easiest is definitely a Rampart.

From my observations - hero stats is not so important, just advice - don't spend additional time even on visiting universities, averall speed is much more important. And money+Sharpshooters - is a main key here. Collect them as much as possible - with every secondary hero, in camps, in taverns and so on. Once I had attempt when also on 322 day was standing before final undead gate with ~860 Sharpshhoters and some other fat creatures and that was not enough. This time game was very smooth for me all the way - I replayed only battles. Had also a luck that main undead forces attacked me when I was in a castle on a central island, and it was realy easy to defeat him.

Don't see any flaws on that map - it's a masterpiece. If not to take in mind time records - it's intersting to play for each town. Many thanks and respect to you for that work of art Koget.

Koget what do you think about to make this map a bit challenging - for black dragons/devils towns - to move them a bit from a seashore or put some colorful gates and a appropriate tent nearby. The main idea to prevent capturing that towns in one day with admirals hat. So that you need to spent at least 2! days to get to those towns. What do you think?

koget writes:
31-05-2021 11:13

improvements - The Devil Is In The Detail

Moving castles deeper into the cave was something I considered long time ago - the outcome was adding the underground forts to stop minor heroes with admirals hat collecting castles for free in early stages of the game. But I know that it can still work later - teal will not reinforce the castles as they don't recognize the danger from the seas.. So yes, it could be done and likely would make the map harder/more interesting a bit.

Another idea is probably to merge the treasury zones at 3 / 9 oclock so there is only 1 library / relic set there, as it is easy for human to just take the whole island. :)

Thanks for playing and all the feedback!

koget writes:
31-05-2021 11:15

Latest version? - The Devil Is In The Detail

Also looking at your screen - seems you are playing the HotA version or did you download the latest one from this site? :)

Pipefish (Odessa, Ukraine) writes:
01-06-2021 12:28

HOTA - The Devil Is In The Detail

You are right - I've played HOTA version.
And one more idea to make life a bit funnier but I'm not sure here on 100%.
Just to ban clone magic everywhere and add new quest/or new heavily guarded shrine where you can get that magic. I think for a huge amount of players clone is much more valuable then resurrection or water walk spell

koget writes:
01-06-2021 18:42

Update - The Devil Is In The Detail

I have a version with quite a few updates.. I will upload today or tomorrow and let know. ;-)

Author: Pierre Taupin (France), 22-05-2021 12:53
Nice and complete map - The Devil Is In The Detail
Plenty of details about terrain, ressources, buildings to visit. The author must have spent several hours on it, very good job!

kogeT (Copenhagen) writes:
25-05-2021 15:27

Details - The Devil Is In The Detail

Thanks - in fact it took around 1 year to fully design, create and test/improve the map!

yotam writes:
08-09-2021 12:01

wow thats a long time - The Devil Is In The Detail

i already said it here in a comment, but this is the greatest map this game has to offer

Author: Cara & Bully (Netherlands), 21-04-2021 01:36
Thank you! - The Devil Is In The Detail
Very entertaining map! After playing a lot of Homm3 2human-vs-ai during COVID lockdown months, we picked this map as the comments described it to be a very challenging map. So we buckled up and expected this to take many tries that could take us many tries to win.

The settings we used were impossible variant, 200%, all AI's in one team vs us two (Red & Tan).

First two tries we ended up progressing too slow as the enemies were already way ahead of us after leaving the "main islands". And not just a bit, it was literally RIP. It turned out to be impossible to recover, even if you're an expert in evading big armies for a prolonged time.

Before try 3 we've read some tips on the forum that could help us further. We ended up winning after 8 months. The keys to success turned out to be:

• Gelu/Sharpshooters
• Town portal (snatched it very quickly from the middle island as Pink was already unleashed!)
• Admirals hat through the seer huts

As the title implies, the Devil really is in the Detail on this map. A very well made map, looks great, a big challenge for casual players that happen to be playing this game for many many years such us ourselves, and we know there are many like us out there :)

Once again thanks for making this map. We had a great time!

22-04-2021 11:21

Congrats! - The Devil Is In The Detail

Hi,

Thanks for a super nice feedback and happy for your win! That is true that rampart/gelu is kind of a "cheat" on the map, I could remove it but then it allows different players to easier complete the map. :-) Nevertheless to win the map without save games is still a great challenge!

Cheers,
koget

Author: Ёжкин Кот (Riga, Latvia), 25-03-2021 12:53
Very challenging - The Devil Is In The Detail
Koget, big thanks for your work!
This map is a real challenge for my Heroes skill. I've tried to start with different races, the best start was with the Cove and Leena as starting hero, because I always had a lack of money with other races. Then I've picked Gundula as my main hero (she has the best balance of might and magic in my opinion) and Bedley as stalker. I haven't finished yet, but to 6th month I have beaten all the best teal heroes and almost all pink heroes, and it looks that the rest battles will be easier.
It seems, that AI lacks money to buy all hordes of creatures they get as a boost. I was lucky to get 30 archangels from Castle, and then combination of clone, water magic and intellect made me unbeatable for AI heroes. But anyway, luck meant a lot on this map for me: first, I've got to the center on the same day the pink came out. He grabbed the fire orb and would have grabbed AB on the next turn. AB was very useful to me for hit'n'run strategy (the second luck for me was that heroes without shackles of war came to me first) and is useful to counter opponents' Armageddon. Third, I had to replay some battle to get it won.

Ёжкин Кот (Riga, Latvia) writes:
26-03-2021 09:43

Finished in 220 days - The Devil Is In The Detail

220 in-game days and a lot of RL hours :)

22-04-2021 11:22

Good to hear - The Devil Is In The Detail

Hi, good job on beating the map. Did you play the HotA version or one from the page? AI should have enough money but sometimes they just dont buy everything in their castle. ;-)

Ёжкин Кот (Riga) writes:
22-04-2021 12:23

HOTA - The Devil Is In The Detail

Yes, I played HOTA version.

Author: Sorrow (Riga), 08-01-2021 23:43
Not a good map for chillin experiance - The Devil Is In The Detail
I modified map so RED and BLUE are in alliance and played it hoping it will be fun. It is really appealing but after two or so months TEAL player comes and wipes us off the planet.
Not a surprise when You check the map in detail.
Sad... will have to search another map because this is no longer fun.
I rally hoped this map would support hot seat experiance since in the description it is written 6 balanced starting positions.
:(

Koget writes:
09-01-2021 21:17

Difficulty - The Devil Is In The Detail

Sorry to hear you had a bad map experience. It is true that teal can sometimes pose a great challenge even to a good player. If you try the map again it may play differently. If you look through the comment section you will find many tips on how to play the map.

Also consider changing the difficulty setting as it really impacts the overall difficulty level.

art (United States) writes:
04-03-2021 03:18

? - The Devil Is In The Detail

dumbest review ive ever read. Youre complaining because you lost? reduce the difficulty or try again. THis map clearly states it is difficult. If the author made it easy, then people wouldnt play it. Matter of fact most people are saying its actually too easy

Author: Derr (Bucharest, Romania), 04-12-2020 00:59 Like
92 days - The Devil Is In The Detail
Hello, sir, I have returned. I thought the Impossible version would be too much to handle after Hard, but I did it in a personal best of 92 days, first try.
My main battle tank was Dessa, seconded by Sorrow, Kyrre, Neela and few others. Neela was particularly helpful, its Scholar skill proved invaluable.

Thank you for this awesome map (I played the version where Extinction has Power of the Dragon Father), I was afraid of it, but I pulled through. 10/10

Author: zenkis (Ogre, Latvia), 21-09-2020 18:18
no slahes- no probs - The Devil Is In The Detail
@didDone
After removing two slashes, I got to your saves.
My "bad".
Will watch with extra curiosity.
https://www.youtube. (no slash)com/channel/UC 1o43cN(no slash)nEJrg_E64eVyHE XA

Author: zenkis (Ogre, Latvia), 21-09-2020 18:13
no slash - The Devil Is In The Detail
Link to my save: https://mega.nz/file /Z81B0TwC#8SAkM75KRR 42IYkdar-2Ih4IFRMnnO hc2_rv9Ab3HaA
===
No slash after /file/

Author: zenkis (Ogre, Latvia), 21-09-2020 18:11
links - The Devil Is In The Detail
Hello.I'm observing your replies for over a month, but your given links to Youtube never actually worked. Ever.
Have been playing this map for over a year and the best result of being able to compete with pink, at the same time eliminating all oponents but two of the top left corner, is month3week3-4. So because I have been reading comments about better results- I haven't even finished that save, and moved to next tryings. I always play with Cove (more challenging).
Link to my save: https://mega.nz/file /Z81B0TwC#8SAkM75KRR 42IYkdar-2Ih4IFRMnnO hc2_rv9Ab3HaA
Any chance to get those working hyperlinks?

Author: zenkis (Ogre, Latvia), 21-09-2020 18:07
reason to get to center - The Devil Is In The Detail
Hi.
Can you explain your reason and moreover -HOW (if it is 200% level ?!?) to get to center? Unless it is with Fly spell (which you must get before!!!) with reason to get armageddon's blade?

juisac (Korea) writes:
23-09-2020 23:09

Day35 - The Devil Is In The Detail

Day35 4Azures + AM +resurrection
individual army breake Pink(pink don't have a dragon father now)
There are enough admiral hats(have a boat summons) to move around

Day35 - The Devil Is In The Detail

juisac (Korea) writes:
23-09-2020 23:23

37day center conflux town - The Devil Is In The Detail

4Azures + AM +resurrection enough(Vulnerabiliti es orb +
Flame orb)

37day center conflux town - The Devil Is In The Detail

didDone (Emerald Moor, NorthEast) writes:
24-09-2020 09:13

Central conflux - The Devil Is In The Detail

AS far as i remember, i had no Vulnerabilities orb neither ressurection when i ve reached center, so taking central conflux appeared to be a doubtable option) Moreover, i had other plans, but defend it against our undead friends after that)
Finally, your way was faster, as we know =)

Author: juisac (Korea), 11-09-2020 11:35 Like
68day - The Devil Is In The Detail
Thanks, kogeT
850 save file
so hard but funny
7day Mullich 22day 2Azures 27day 4Azures 35day am tp resurrection(scholar hero)
68day - The Devil Is In The Detail

11-09-2020 19:36

Take 0ff my hat! - The Devil Is In The Detail

)

Author: juisac (Korea), 11-09-2020 11:17 Like
15Day move - The Devil Is In The Detail
Adela need diplomacy
7day change hero mulich
15Day move - The Devil Is In The Detail

Author: juisac (Korea), 11-09-2020 11:12 Like
Day68 best? -The Devil Is In The Detail - The Devil Is In The Detail
Red 200% rating
Adela(diplomacy)

Tip
1. Fast 4Azures+AM+TP
2. 1week need diplomacy
3. Fast map center conflux town(12ea)
4. 64day m3w2d1 full army need 600,000gold sell all artifact(not sell main hero artifact)
5. 6-8 Tp hero
Day68 best? -The Devil Is In The Detail - The Devil Is In The Detail

Author: didDone (Emerald Moor, NorthEast), 01-09-2020 17:09 Like
Full Movie - The Devil Is In The Detail
Once everything is rendered and uploaded u can watch whole walk-through here:

https://www.youtube. com/channel/UC1o43cN nEJrg_E64eVyHEXA

Author: didDone (Emerald Moor, NorthEast), 01-09-2020 07:43 Like
Classical optimization problem =) - The Devil Is In The Detail
About the way.
if i was good at math i might say thats like solution of optimization problem.
but not so good i am, so there is no math just intuition
Never i say it is the best way but somehow it is close to that)

About the results.
would u belive me if i say:
Whole movie had been taken with one shot!
i suppose not :)

Surely, i had to reapeat some combats , and some of that some more than once or twice)
and while moving through the map i ve faced quite enough of slight insulting lacks of movepoints to reach the goal).
not talking of misclicks and so on...
but that is not a great deal for a man who used to play 8-bit game console with no saves at all since the very childhood=)))
... Back to heroes.
pvp on a map generated by template are for "sappers"
and single-player scenario maps are quite suitable for those who know what is "edge of tommorow"=)

in any case gaming style still is a question of private choice

Author: kogeT (Copenhagen), 31-08-2020 17:55
What a run - The Devil Is In The Detail
What a run, crazy. Funny you play the map how me as a mapmaker thought about it when I was creating it. :-)

Did you repeat the turns to get best fight results etc.? These Luna fights were sharp, 1 morale and would have been it. :D

Author: didDone (Emerald Moor, NorthEast), 27-08-2020 17:16 Like
To overcome your doubts - The Devil Is In The Detail
You can find some explonation here:
https://youtu.be/JaC xXis5tDM
thats the very beginning.
I would cut and render the continuation with more enthusiasm, whether i recive any feed-back. =)

Author: didDone (Emerald Moor, NorthEast), 21-08-2020 06:00 Like
Hydra - The Devil Is In The Detail
rank Hydra is most suitable so it can explain something)
using more then one hero u can move in more then one direction in one turn=)
and having town portal spell u can move ur armies to the place where they are needed at once.
but much armies arent needed to conquer anyone then pink.
couple of azure dragons and AB is well enought for most of situation.
so in general for other fractions u just have to take coast outpost, then spent couple of days to reach central town. and one or two days to manage furthest conflux after that.
gloves, boots, logistics and watering places would be very helpfull).
if u cant reach conflux fast enought use outdoor tavern to take the town. any hero can do that with AB and azures.
for teal u ll surely need navigation and admirals hat(s).
So if ressurection is leaned the greatest problem is hell garrisons. The east one only to be honest).

Author: War, 21-08-2020 01:16
_ - The Devil Is In The Detail
Could you please explain (in detail, as much detail as possible) how you managed to not just get to the center and beat the main factions, but to beat all of the factions in 72 turns? It takes 13 turns to get from a capital to the center, if you take the shortest path, and don't take any breaks. In light of that, your time looks a bit ... strange.

22-09-2020 11:54

Just one more forum issue - The Devil Is In The Detail

I had faced this problem trying to open other direct links posted here.
for some reason any link appears to be splited with spaces.
Cant be sure why it is needed, but so it is.
So, yes u are right, u have to edit links manualy removing this spaces and combining each url-address to one long string

22-09-2020 12:21

getting to center - The Devil Is In The Detail

"fly" & "dimention door" spells are not avaliable in the latest versions of map.
so u have to float to center island and fight creatures on ur way to center to get desired "town portal" spell and armagedon blade. (there are "water walk" shrines near central conflux towns, but i prefer boats)
the way how i did all that u can see in videos.
surely u can find ur own way

23-09-2020 14:23

Sweat dreams =) - The Devil Is In The Detail

i do like cove as a faction.
and if Bidley could train some other units to Sea Dogs i d play cove with a great pleasure)))
drowning gnolls in a salt water for example)))

zenkis (Ogre, Latvia) writes:
23-09-2020 20:53

considering Cove - The Devil Is In The Detail

My nr.1 hero of Cove faction to go with in the early stages of the game is Illor. 3 pluses: 1.- he comes with a small pack of Stormbirds, 2. - Stormbirds and those elderly chaps have a good speed, 3.rd - double strike with Ayssids. In tandem with Eovacius it becomes considerable power in early stages. Bidley in this map is more like a .... gimme those 2 Sea Serpent and later 15K in underground disko-mashroom. But observing your video snippets of walkthrough i started to think: "Why the heck is he/she sailing so far right on the map?" And it brought me to a new approach - why not to try to sail early in the game to some other prison spots to steel some good heroes with their abilities, like Gelu or (?) Dracon ? Hmm!
Anyway - thanks to this community to raise some new thoughts and approaches.
My goal is to try to complete the map in like 333.

24-09-2020 09:18

other prisoners & so on - The Devil Is In The Detail

Dracon is prisoned not so close to sea bank) and in any case u have to get admirals hat or(and) expert navigation to reach other prisons fast. so it would be not very early game.=) moreover Gelu without packs of elves and archers is not so valuable, either Drackon without mages & monks ;). But why not to try)

As for me i ve become lazy a bit after geting AB+TP and conquering humans biom.
Cause any surface opponent isnt a big deal when u ve got azures+AB, otherwise hell garrissons are a problem without strong stack of sharpshooters (in my case) so i had to breed them.

Author: didDone (Emerald Moor, NorthEast), 18-08-2020 12:25 Like
Thanks, kogeT - The Devil Is In The Detail
Strategy is only the same:
Gelu - Azures - AM+TP - juggle Armies & Atrs ,
gathering Archers/Elfves to train & azures from trees till only Pink left at one of the central town.
Vanish him and strait to the hell)
btw, is it strongly set force field & forgetness at 3rd level of magic guild of the cetral east conflux.
or that's a lucky coincidence?)
(the most usefull spells ) for 3 hell-garrisons with magic support (sure u know what i mean)
P.S. double post is a forum issue not my pride)
it apeared after reopening web page from browser history=)
to the point: thanks one more time for tte map, one wants to replay regardless of size and time ;)

Author: kogeT (Copenhagen), 18-08-2020 10:22
332 - The Devil Is In The Detail
Congrats didDone. I am not tracking if this is the best result so far but it must a top3 ever for sure. What was your strategy and which faction did you take?

Author: didDone (Emerald Moor, NorthEast), 16-08-2020 13:10 Like
nothing is impossible© - The Devil Is In The Detail
For the very first time i ve finished this map,
i knew nothing about ressurection quest, wasted plenty of sorces for useless rebuilds of 4th&5th level of magic guild. and gather about 300-400 phoenixes and so on.
that was a couple of years ago: very late game, i was realy exhausted,
but thats possible, without armaggedon blade ressurection or azure dragons).
Next time i learned more about the map and thats became a time(turns)-used minimize challenge.
so thats only your choice "how to play" =)

Author: Boleslav, 16-08-2020 12:17
It happens - The Devil Is In The Detail
This thing happened to me a few times in my life, but never so consistently. I did rage quite a bit and then went into sorrow. I cannot beat this if they have all the advantages AND the blade. And I cannot even reliably get to the blade. If I try 5 times, I might get to it once. And then I have to hope the AI will not troll me. Maybe I will get back to this map in a few years, but for now I am exhausted - I even got the earth magic book that does not have all the earth magic spells which is when I knew this map is supposed to troll me. But I still think that the AI troll is just my natural unluck.

Author: didDone (Emerald Moor, NorthEast), 16-08-2020 12:12 Like
Rise of the Machines - The Devil Is In The Detail
your situation is odd.
looks like you ve got a bug, or...
"Matrix has you" ;)
other players had picked AB and visited TP Shrine before, me either,
but no one complain such an odd AI behavior

Author: Boleslav, 15-08-2020 17:55
The AI refused to give me my turn - The Devil Is In The Detail
I tried this map today. I did not play for a long time, so I got whopped a few times. Finally, I managed to got the Armageddon's Blade and teleport out. I hoped now the map would open up and I could start playing. The next turn the pink AI decided it will get stuck in the teleport and never give me my turn. I tried this several times with several saves a few days back, it always happens. If I take the Blade, the AI will make the scenario literally unplayable. Shame, it looked pretty - but if I cannot get to my turn, pretty won't save it.

Boleslav writes:
16-08-2020 13:22

I know myself - The Devil Is In The Detail

I could spend a few weeks grinding this, but I know I would not enjoy it. The fact I know others can get the blade, but I can not, would driveme crazy. The devil indeed, is in detail. Hence why I might return to it one day, but now I want to take a break from this particular map. ;)

18-08-2020 10:21

Stuck - The Devil Is In The Detail

Hi Boleslav,

I am sorry to hear about your bug. I haven't seen that before in any other gameplays, hence it seems to be an AI/HotA bug. It must have been bad luck! :) Still respect for picking up the AB before the AI, as it is not easy, especially on 200% difficulty level.

War writes:
21-08-2020 00:19

I don't think it makes sense? To grind AB. 1 I don't use it (I don't see the point, its not as powerful unless you have very weak armies) 2 The likelihood that you'll get it is nil, because if you are early enough to grab it, your armies are so weak that you won't be able to get past the mobs guarding it. Play how you wanna play, there are many ways to get an OP thing in this map, for example Gleu or Dracon (who sit in prisons in north and north east parts)

Boleslav writes:
23-08-2020 19:11

Oh the calling of Heroes - The Devil Is In The Detail

Of course I could not resist the temptation and tried it again (during which time the game got corrupted and I had to reinstall it which nearly gave me a heart attack, cause I was worried I would lose my save). I won, took me 319 days, so I did it in less than a year, which for rusty myself is moooore than good - do not patronize me. :D I gave up rushing the middle and brute forced it. Got Kyrre, got Gelu, got the spells (and shared them through scholar with everybody), got thousand phoenixes and eventually managed to take all of the surface, then the bottom and then the last enemy hero with the AB blade and a huge army - but the Conflux units overwhelm 5 necropolises - and I had the Statue of Legion to boot. I did not go for any of the special dragons in the end - I just did not see the appeal unless I could get a lot of them.

Oh the calling of Heroes - The Devil Is In The Detail

24-08-2020 04:04

Congrats! - The Devil Is In The Detail

Well, even hota-crew sure that number of turns doesnt mean much )
at least it takes a tiny part of score.))))

Author: didDone (Emerald Moor, NorthEast), 15-08-2020 09:50 Like
Sure one can do better, and
sure someone would do!
but as for me, i wouldnt even try.
As far as "Factory is coming" it's time to leave Heroes for good.
Thanks and Good luck to all! =)

21-08-2020 06:27

Details - The Devil Is In The Detail

for more details this time i have videos of my walk through,
but there are so much episodes of exchanging artifacts or armies between heroes, choosing the route or just staring at the map making descisiions..., so i would rather name this slow-walk(as it realy is) insteed of fast-run (as some one can say). i m sure one wont to watch this boredrom, and m not ready to cut it in a nearest future, once i do that, then i ll post the link here)

War writes:
21-08-2020 13:50

You used many heroes of the same variety to strengthen your early army right?

21-08-2020 16:22

Personnel policy - The Devil Is In The Detail

havent clearly understand what do you mean...,
but i ll try to describe my personnel policy)
yes i ve been trying to make heroes learn similar secondary skills,
earth and wisdom undoubtable, else is desirable but not so important.
knew that water would be needed to face garrisons, so tried to learn it too when this opton was avaliable
learning navigation isnt nessesary for all, 3 or 4 navigators are well enough
good specialization is important either but not critical for most of cases.
Kyrre made long passes shorther to reach distant towns, Mephala let covering units to live longer in combat when magic was forbidden.
and surely Gelu who trained sharpshooters for the only damaging stack through almost all the pass.
(have hired storm & ice elementals for two last garrisins only.)
Dracon is an option, but enchanters are bit more expansive and less of them are avaliable to hire.in any case blue have got him from the prison first)
skipping Neela at the 2nd or 3rd week wasnt a good idea, so after learnig town portal had some discomfort for some turns till Octavia came to tavern.
hope i ve answered ur question)

27-08-2020 13:58

My walk-trough - The Devil Is In The Detail

So we start:
https://youtu.be/JaC xXis5tDM
this is the first week,
would be grateful for your commets and feed-back to know wheter some one want to watch it and the rest=)
cause movie making is not as fun as game play, you know... ;)

Bodom writes:
14-02-2021 00:23

youtube upload gone - The Devil Is In The Detail

Have you removed your walkthrough video on youtube ?

Author: didDone (Emerald Moor, NorthEast), 15-08-2020 01:30 Like
Sure one can do better, and
sure someone would do!
but as for me, i wouldnt even try.
As far as "Factory is coming" it's time to leave Heroes for good.
Thanks and Good luck to all! =)

| 1-30 | 31-60 | 61-90 | 91-120 | 121-150 | 151-180 | 181-210 | 211-240 |

Heroes 3: Horn of the Abyss 1.6.1 - Download Section

Heroes 7 News

Heroes 3 map: "Atlantic Revolutions"

Heroes 3 New map: "1797:Northern Italy campaign"

Heroes 7 maps

Heroes 7 patch 2.2 now available

Heroes 7 Creatures Fortress

Heroes 7 patch 1.8 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.7 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.6 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.5 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.4 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.3 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.2.1 now available

Heroes 7 cheats

Heroes 7 available!!! - Launch Trailer

Heroes 7 - closed beta 2 now available!

Heroes 7 screenshots

Heroes 7 Elves faction

Heroes 7 Dwarves faction

Heroes 7 Academy faction

Heroes 7 Haven faction

Heroes 7 release date: 29 September 2015

Haps4Heroes.com

How can I support maps4heroes.com ?

YooMoney:

Copyright © 1999-2024 All questions and comments please mail to evgkuz@yandex.ru

Privacy Policy