Author: Ventsislav (България), 27-04-2024 12:07

Portishead - Portishead - Way Home - Heroes 3 map

Where is Bird of perception? I need it for a gate and couldn't find it anywhere... more...

Author: user (Poland), 27-04-2024 12:07

Portishead - Portishead - Way Home - Heroes 3 map

So far so good. But where I can find Bird of perception ? more...

Author: Sulim81 (Poland), 27-04-2024 02:49

First info - Portishead - Way Home - Heroes 3 map

So far excellent. A lot of puzzles, which nicely form a chain of events. My first impression is oldschool adventure game, like Legend of Kyrandia or Secret of Monkey Island. I am done for today, I have reached two strong enemy heroes in Lepers' village (released after killing Bernadette) and do more...

Author: Garri , 26-04-2024 19:38

Superb map! - A Wizards Tale - Heroes 3 map

Superb map! more...

Author: Mattias (Sweden), 26-04-2024 16:52

How - Supernatural - Heroes 3 map

Okay I see, thanks mate :) more...

Author: wasilix , 26-04-2024 16:49

- - Supernatural - Heroes 3 map

I might have said wrong dates there, but in general idea is correct. Maybe the date is 1-2-6 if reaching the town in week 1 is really impossible. It's been extremely long time ago when I played this map, so I don't remember many details, but this time limit I remember, because initially I more...

Author: Mattias (Sweden), 26-04-2024 16:46

first towns - Supernatural - Heroes 3 map

How is this even possible? it takes 2 weeks just to walkt o the first town of Tirith? more...

Author: Платон мне друг (Latvia), 26-04-2024 16:33

YOU WILL WIN...BUT WHEN? - crapcore - Heroes 3 map

Thx for joy.Humans rules. Finished on 5m2w5d. Made small mistake - delivered Graal to elf town for luck, but later took elf town with fixed Graal. Better to open map. In the end i had 11 heroes with TP to collect resources and panish enemies. With last one first send 2 heroes with 21 fire birds(7x3) more...

Author: Volkor (Poland), 26-04-2024 10:44

map author - Prisoners of War - Heroes 3 map

"AI" on this map is strange. Sometimes 1-2 enemies die in first week ( for some reasons they don't whant to take castle ), sometimes no one dies.
On Impossible level once i had 3 towns around 2-3 month. Suddenly I was wiped out by Computer's Aenain with Horn of the Abyss and 14
more...

Author: Hidanister , 25-04-2024 13:30

Спасибо за отзыв! - Искатели Хранилища (Vault Hunters) - Heroes 3 map

Учту ваше мнение, доработаю и протестирую снова. more...

Author: Платон мне друг (Latvia), 25-04-2024 13:16

TWO STEPS FROM HELL - Element Land - Heroes 3 map

Bravo for creator. One of the best map ever. I was using 3 lines of savings for 3-5 steps ahead. Exploration, economy, speed, hits, runs, traps... how to stop strong enemy in front of your town and using hit and run for removing his mana or reducing his hordes. One more time BRAVO! more...

Author: Kir (Russia), 25-04-2024 12:47

map - Искатели Хранилища (Vault Hunters) - Heroes 3 map

Идея интересная, однако игровой процесс заморочный. Я легко разбил наземных противников, но задолбался надоело копить войска для пробивки огромных армий нейтралов. Городов и жилищ не так много для этого. Дипломатии нет, Воскрешения нет и т.п. more...

Author: Платон мне друг (Latvia), 25-04-2024 12:37

Map editor is mandatory against crazy creator - Fawn's Labyrinth - Heroes 3 map

After seventh month very easy to lose idea what is the main direction... neverending walking???... and backvocal... in your head... in your head..ad ad ad... ZOMBIES ZOMBIES ZOMBIES...E E E more...

Author: Платон мне друг (Latvia), 25-04-2024 12:24

I LIKE TO MOVE IT MOVE IT...YOU LIKE TO??? - Fawn's Labyrinth - Heroes 3 map

Stupid crazy walking map.Finished after 12 months. A few battles with enemies and 99 percents with static hordes. AI boosted - i had more cities and permanent forces collecting, but in tavern shows that opps had stronger army sitting on their territories. Taken popular film name Fawn's Labyrin more...

Subscribe to our Telegram Channel "maps4heroes.com" to be the first to receive NEW Maps and News for Heroes of Might & Magic 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2!

How can I support maps4heroes.com ?

YooMoney:
Login / Register on Maps4Heroes.com
Heroes 7 (VII) - Maps Heroes 6 (VI) - Maps Heroes 5 (V) - Maps Heroes 4 (IV) - Maps Heroes 3 (III) - Maps Heroes 2 (II) - Maps

Subscribe to our Telegram Channel "maps4heroes.com" to be the first to receive NEW Maps and News for Heroes of Might & Magic 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2!

Heroes3 - Your opinions about The Devil Is In The Detail - map rating = 50 Likes

Title:
Type your opinion in the space below:
Your name:
E-mail:

Your vote:
City, Country:
Attach the picture: (Gif, Jpeg)
Download map The Devil Is In The Detail - heroes 3 mapsDownload map The Devil Is In The Detail - heroes 3 maps

Download map -> The Devil Is In The Detail

Heroes 3: Horn of the Abyss

HotA 1.7 Factory update

Quite a few various updates to the map, incl 3/9 oclock changes, lowered guards in player forts, small changes to water paths etc.

Factory cannot be played from the beginning, but provides an alternative strategy later.

- DD, Fly banned
- Slow, Resurrect, Berserk, Clone, Town Portal can be obtained from the map

Good luck and look forward to your feedback!

Added: 04-02-2024

Heroes 3 maps: Grim Reaper | Return of the damned | Hercules VS Gods of Olympus | Gates of Hell

| 1-30 | ... | 91-120 | 121-150 | 151-180 | 181-210 | 211-240 | 241-249 |

Author: Marius (Norway), 31-01-2017 01:03
What is the difference between the maps? - The Devil Is In The Detail
so there are two versions. you say the difference is AI boost, but what does that mean? and for which AI? pink and teal?

kogeT (Copenhagen, Denmark) writes:
31-01-2017 11:20

Difficulty - The Devil Is In The Detail

Hi Marius

AI boosts means that in the vs AI version all AIs have significant creature growth boosts and extra gold and resources. Also Pink and Teal are getting even bigger growths as game goes on.

Author: Deferatto (Moscow, Russia), 22-01-2017 23:43 Like
HotA Crew - The Devil Is In The Detail
Hm... Can't see your msg.

Author: Deferatto (Moscow, Russia), 22-01-2017 23:40 Like
Thank you.

Author: koget (Denmark), 22-01-2017 23:27
Hi,

Sure, I've msged you on skype.

Author: Deferatto (Moscow, Russia), 22-01-2017 00:18 Like
Hi! Great work! I'm from HotA crew - please contact me by email (alteregowin@gmail.c om - whoops, sry, 1-st one was incorrect) or skype (Deferatto). I want to discuss adding this map in next version of HotA (1.5.0). If you're interested in it, ofc.

Deferatto (Moscow, Russia) writes:
22-01-2017 23:45

Mb you have to add me in your contact list first.

koget (Denmark) writes:
23-01-2017 00:09

Hota Crew - The Devil Is In The Detail

Tried to add you and wrote a message again. :-)

Deferatto (Moscow, Russia) writes:
23-01-2017 00:24

Argh... Still nothing. Did you search me by nickname Deferatto or by e-mail in skype? It can be different e-mail here, so better to search by nickname.

koget (Denmark) writes:
23-01-2017 00:37

Skype - The Devil Is In The Detail

Msg "erkoget"

Fur1a_Kutas0w writes:
01-03-2017 02:41

! - The Devil Is In The Detail

Nice one, kogeT!
NW POWA

Author: Deferatto (Moscow, Russia), 22-01-2017 00:12 Like
Hi! Great work! I'm from HotA crew - please contact me by email (asithought@gmail.co m) or skype (Deferatto). I want to discuss adding this map in next version of HotA (1.5.0). If you're interested in it, ofc.

Author: Elchickeno (Warsaw), 06-01-2017 12:46
Great - The Devil Is In The Detail
Great map

Author: Andrey (Россия), 03-01-2017 14:03
Сложная карта. - The Devil Is In The Detail
Очень рад что смог пройти. Для меня эта карта была довольно сложной, но всё-таки смог даже не смотря на то что комп мог летать хотя на карте это запрещено.

Author: koget (Denmark), 02-01-2017 22:39
Final update?! - The Devil Is In The Detail
Hi,

Thank you all for kind comments and great input. I've decided to update to version 1.9, this time including an easy version for hot seat (no ai boosts) and impossible version vs AI.

1.9 vs AI features even bigger AI boosts. Also, DD and Fly can be acquired from the map now.

Map should be available on the site latest tomorrow.

desislava (varna bulgariq) writes:
10-01-2017 10:39

no - The Devil Is In The Detail

no

koget (Denmark) writes:
10-01-2017 21:58

? - The Devil Is In The Detail

ok

Author: M., 02-01-2017 16:04
Great Map! - The Devil Is In The Detail
Great Map, played with a friend with adjusted alliances (2 homan vs. all AI allied). Won month ~7, the last month was mostly building up troops for the final battle against the one big pink hero, Nagash (~18k skellies, 1-2k liches, etc... not to forget about the power of the dragon father).

Btw., I think allowing fly/DD from scrolls, tomes or the conflux grail to be obtained from the map could make the late game a bit quicker and a bit less tedious, which I'd prefer. Of course, it would also make the strong AIs (pink, teal) a lot more dangerous if they manage to obtain the spells.
As far as I see, the only skips this would allow would be the gates on the underground pentagram, which were no real obstacle anyway at that stage of the game (since they were not accompanied by a hero boosing their stats).

koget (Denmark) writes:
02-01-2017 20:44

Extra spells - The Devil Is In The Detail

I agree that allowing DD/Fly would help in cleaning the late game and won't really affect early/mid. I'm a little reluctant to make another update but probably will, giving even more extra money to computer players and adding quests or other ways of acquiring DD and Fly.

Thank you for a good comment!

Author: maygwan, 30-12-2016 16:19
Very good map - The Devil Is In The Detail
Well Designed map but a little too easy for me. Plenty of running about and re-taking areas.

koget (Denmark) writes:
01-01-2017 21:42

Thank you for your comment. Could you post you results? E.g which day/month did you finish and how roughly did it go? Also, did you play version 1.8?

maygwan writes:
01-01-2017 23:42

hi - The Devil Is In The Detail

Hiya i played on Impossible with castle so probably a bit harder
if you choose another faction but finished in month 7 week 3 day 2.
Got town portal from mage guild in lower castle so that really helped.
Built angels week 2 so got off to good start.
Teal attack the lv 7 creature stack(37,58,1 in underground sephinoth. just while
my main guy was there so after he was weakened i took him out and went
on to take top 3 teal towns.
With TP it was easy to defend while buildin army.
1.8 was much harder and better improved than the earliar versions.
You have to act fast and move quickly to take out opponents or
you have no chance if you take too long.
I am a mapmaker myself so i did look at map to see the changes from earliar
version. You have the timed events set right although there are more troops
each week and 40k gold won't cover them all. Gold is fairly sparce on the map even
for the AI to collect.
pink................ ..........
60 skel =3600
20 waking =2000
20 wight =4000
20 vamp = 7200
20 lich = 11000
5 dread = 6000
3 ghost = 5400
total = 39200
Each town has that many troops and there is 5 towns.
5x39200 =196000
5 castles x 4 city hall and 1 capitol 1000+4000 per day = 35000 a week.

so 196000 - 35000 = 161000.
Now you give pink only 40,000 a week so to buy all troops he needs 121000 more.
This is based just on the extra troops per week not including the base troops
that are generated each week which is a cost of around 10,000 per castle
so 50000 a week just on regular generation.
So to sum it all off 171000 is needed more.
The AI will gather some gold per week to foot the bill but you will need to add
i would suggest 20,000 gold per town per 7 days.

so i would suggest updating that per necropolis just add 20000 to the event day1-units
and add it to the resources.
hope that helps.

maygwan writes:
01-01-2017 23:52

Obviously first few weeks AI will need to build up his castle's and upgrade his troops but hopefully he can find gold on the map to accomplish all that. The addition i posted above should make pink just about perfect in the difficulty.

02-01-2017 14:17

Money - The Devil Is In The Detail

Apart from castle boosts, there are also player boosts and I guess those are giving them enough money.

Did computer players still have a lot of creatures left in their castles?

maygwan writes:
02-01-2017 17:30

Not as many as previous releases so 1.8 addressed some of the issues but still too many.

Author: impy (UK), 24-12-2016 20:53 Like
simple walkthrough - The Devil Is In The Detail
very,very good map. Here is a a walkthrough (at your own risk)
-recommended skills : ideally Logistics, Pathfinding, Wisdom, Archery, Offense, Fire, Water, Earth
-utilise halfings & your level 1 generators at the begining on impossible difficulty.
-you should conquer almost everything above ground in your area within 3 months.
- start building 1-2 heroes, who will utilize armageddon & phoenix combo. Get them fire, earth, water skills and get them spells from the centre (via scholar or travel them to centre). As the game progresses they should be able to deal with everything but the strongest enemy heroes.
- don't go to the centre with your main hero in month 3, even if you can. You army will be too weak just yet to kill stacks. Waiting for pink & him opening everything & right circumstances is a waste of time. Instead, go sometime during month 4, when you are stronger.
-After this I would personally go and kill Knights in order to get access to archangels (clone & ressurect combo is just too good)
-This is the main point. After getting the spells from the centre you need to go underground and conquer teal 6 castles there. Why? Pink is just too strong at the moment, and your neighbours are manageable and can wait. However, teal is aggressive and has a potential to ruin you as the time goes due to weekly AI army boosts. Don't use boats much to attack teal castles, he might town portal and kill you. Use scout to uncover the fog, and use water walk for a surprise attack with your main hero.
-after this go after 4 conflux towns on the sides (ideally not conquered yet). There are big armies too boost your exp, nice artifacts and stat boosters.
-after this I would go after Tower & Rampart in order to get Titans and access to Treasury
- by this time your Armageddon heroes should be powerful enough to venture south and conquer most of the bottom three themselves & harass pink and teal confluxes.
-work on your att/def and slowly fight your way towards the middle. Save often.
I played with all the factions, and using this, you should be able to kill the pink in month 7-8 latest.

koget (Denmark) writes:
25-12-2016 14:46

Walkthrough - The Devil Is In The Detail

Nice comment, was brilliant to read about your approach to the map. :)

Did you also play the latest version, 1.8? (I posted it few days ago) Was it more difficult than 1.7?

impy (UK) writes:
26-12-2016 11:12

Walkthrough - The Devil Is In The Detail

Yep, finished my first gameplay of 1.8 version last night, can confirm that AI players definitely buy more troops. Used Tower who has the easiest start due to gremlins, used the same tactics, finished pink in month 7. Cannot stress enough importance of secondary Phoenix & armageddon hero. (eventually make 3rd one from some fallen high level hero who has earth magic)
I noticed in HotA, that AI is pretty good at estimating where you might attack, even taking waterwalk into consideration. But AI still fails miserably if you have admiral's hat and just wait nearby in water,AI will leave the town undefended.
The non pink & teal AI players maybe could a little creature boost still. They are no match for pink & teal, and I never saw them mounting a serious attack against me, and if you follow my walkthrough and attack them in month 4-6, your stats will be much higher, but then your map could become frustratingly difficult.

koget (Denmark) writes:
26-12-2016 13:22

I agree that maps difficulty could still be increased, but due to some randomness of AI is probably better to leave as it is to avoid too many quick loses where one of mighty heroes arrives too early.

Author: Mikk (Estonia), 20-12-2016 23:12
Damnit AI, dont get me mad - The Devil Is In The Detail
Basically this AI focuses on Human players and follows them everywhere. And others can just freely take their towns. Darkstorn will just follow you every turn and prevent taking all stat bonuses. I dont want to lower the difficulty but I dont like this AI behavior.
It is really cool map tho

Mikk (Estonia) writes:
21-12-2016 16:44

Fly too - The Devil Is In The Detail

Also they get fly when its banned somehow

koget (Denmark) writes:
21-12-2016 16:49

Fly - The Devil Is In The Detail

Fly is water walk spell bug when AI uses it.

As for the AI behavior, I cannot comment on that as this is not something map specific.

Author: koget (Denmark), 20-12-2016 00:24
Thank you - The Devil Is In The Detail
Thank you all for feedback. I've decided to make one more update..

- Additional AI boosts (gold)
- Resurrection spell can only be obtained when solving a quest
- Pathing improvements here and there
- Minor fixes

This will be even more difficult than previous versions if anyone dares..

Map should be soon uploaded to the site.

Author: Jon (Herzeliya, Israel), 19-12-2016 23:15 Like
Awesome map!! good work! - The Devil Is In The Detail
Awesome map, started 1st time with Rampart 200% but got ran over month 4-5 by Teal.
Then restarted as Barbarian 200%, exhausted all my resources in order to get the the center pre month 4 and steal the TP and the artifacts, after that point was a very long grind to keep conquering as much as i can until i collected enough army to defeat the pink hero.

I have noticed that at least for me Pink had a big resources issues and had hardly any ghosts (Won the game at month 13, beaten the main pink hero ~month 10)

All in all awesome map cannot wait to see the next one.

Thanks!

Author: Solmyr (Greece), 19-12-2016 12:51
A great map - The Devil Is In The Detail
I really enjoyed this game. First attempt was with castle on 200%, which I dropped at month 5, because, I would need 10 more months due to some rookie mistakes, I made(speaking about skills, hero, army prioritising. So, second attempth with Tower, still on 200%, took neela and easily destroyed them :P

One (small) complaint though, the AI had no money, I had millions, after taking Rampart castles, and gathered huge army, from the enemy(like a thousand vampires, 200+ arch devils, 700 black nights etc), you should have given them a lot of money, teal and pink.

Ah, I forgot... It took me 260 days. Anyway, that's all, again thank you for this map!

19-12-2016 14:08

Money problem - The Devil Is In The Detail

I think I'll do something about money, especially for non teal and pink computer players but.. I must say that computers get A LOT of gold already and it's weird that it's still lacking.

Author: Shimon (Haifa, Israel), 17-12-2016 14:18 Like
Most challenging map out there - The Devil Is In The Detail
I have started with Rampart on 200% in my 1st try and only got to defeating pink and capturing necro castles at month 14, it was the longest game i ever had.
2nd try i went with Tower, maining Dracon got to the center at month 4, defeated neutrals near the center to get shackles and waited for pink to breach the center while going around killing neutrals. i have captured a moment that the space was clear and ran for the town portal shrine. after that ive started to gain artifacts, build army and defeat everyone except the necro hero with thousands of troops and darkstorn with the huge amount of black dragons (month 7 now)
Anyway, greatest map i have ever played.
Most challenging map out there - The Devil Is In The Detail

koget (Denmark) writes:
17-12-2016 21:40

Would you mind? - The Devil Is In The Detail

Could you post your current save game (and if you have some from previous game) :) ?

Shimon (Haifa, Israel) writes:
18-12-2016 00:43

Sure - The Devil Is In The Detail

Here is the link
https://drive.google .com/open?id=0ByDobr Cn2djYR19fUjd5S0Fqd0 k
I have defeated all Teal heroes, only one remaining is necro, pretty much game over.
Im hungry for another challenging map!

Author: Synesthesiac (United States), 12-12-2016 04:34
Very good map - The Devil Is In The Detail
Wanted to post again so I could give this map a ten. This might be the only map I've ever played where the difficulty levels are exactly what they say they are. I was finally able to beat this on Expert, after a couple of losses on impossible.

I think I can probably win on Impossible now that I know where everything is, but it's going to be hard. It's very important to get Town Portal and Water Walk as early as possible. From there you just have to move fast, and get used to the fact that you're going to lose castles as you take them. The key is to stay ahead and get strong enough to challenge Pink and Teal.

10/10 Very well thought out map.

16-12-2016 15:32

- The Devil Is In The Detail

Thank you for your comment. I tried to make approachable for both experts and beginners, so yes, the difficulty settings really influence game difficulty.

Author: -WhoRacle- (Sweden), 11-12-2016 18:57
Noob question about starting Town. - The Devil Is In The Detail
I saw people saying they started with different towns. I can only start with Castle and nothing else. How do you start with another town?

I'm kind of a semi-newcomer to the game.

Great map by the way!

koget (Denmark) writes:
11-12-2016 23:35

Noob question - The Devil Is In The Detail

You click on different players flags (colors)

Author: Willis, 11-12-2016 17:42
Best Map - The Devil Is In The Detail
Very good job on this map. Thank you for making it so challenging, it really tests you. I played the map on impossible and built my hero around the idea of "run and gun", always maximizing the heroes mobility and only carrying very fast troops. The idea was be fast enough to get away from the ridiculously strong heroes off the bat. I slowly worked my way around the outside of the map until finally I could start picking off the stronger heroes. The only way to get anywhere close to the stats of the AI is to hit all the libraries of enlightenment and other map stat boosts. The strongest hero for me was pink (Thant) all of his skills were mid 80/90+, his army was basically every troop 1K-16K, it wasn't until month 14 that I was finally able to beat him. On the plus side, I figured out that the skills max out at 99. I had my spell power maxed at 99 and other stats 80+. I really enjoyed the slight advantages for AI in each battle via nicely placed artifacts - some you can't blind, others you can't use resurrect on your troops, some you cant cast spells at all. I literally had some fights last 45 min where the only way I could beat the hero was to keep resurrecting or summoning elementals until they were completely drained of spell points, only then could I start picking off their army 1 troop at a time. This game doesn't truly shine until the end game battles and this map is designed to enhance those battles - that is what makes this map great. Some of the most challenging fights I have ever had. Great job, please let me know if you ever make another one. Thanks for the effort.

Author: Nick (Chelly), 11-12-2016 10:41
111 - The Devil Is In The Detail
Not very good map. It is mostly luck based, not skill.

koget (Denmark) writes:
11-12-2016 14:17

Map is intended for very good players. Again, try to play on easy difficulty for better results.

Plenty of players won it already. Example print screen from month 5, 200% difficulty, fight was won and map was easy afterwards: https://i.imgsafe.or g/d4fbb06879.jpg

Author: Tovio (Kirov), 10-12-2016 17:43 Like
The best - The Devil Is In The Detail
One of the best maps I ever played.

koget (Denmark) writes:
10-12-2016 19:32

Thank you - The Devil Is In The Detail

I appreciate comments like this. Did you manage to beat the latest version?

Author: Catalin, 09-12-2016 23:06
TP - The Devil Is In The Detail
Hi.I understand,from hundreds of players trying this map,sure a low percent will have success,is just statistics,like spermatozoon touching the ovule;).Is clear,just with Town Portal can win the map,but Town Portal from what shrine ? I saw in editor are 14 shrines for level 4,more strong guarded and far, and all spells level 4 are...15. So chances to have TP aprox 6%.
To play more hours for 6% chances can be time wasted;).
Is a good map,congratulations, but I said,6/%..
Good luck !

Author: kogeT (Copenhagen, Denmark), 09-12-2016 15:06
Long game struggle - The Devil Is In The Detail
Also, keep in mind that the map is designed to get more difficult the longer you play. So if you're only able to leave your area at month 4-5 you'll face very strong armies already and it may be super difficult to take over extra areas. If you're able to get for example the TP spell relatively early the map immediately becomes much easier.

Author: kogeT (Copenhagen, Denmark), 09-12-2016 14:21
Map is possible - The Devil Is In The Detail
Hi,

Map has already been won by many people, so I won't implement the changes you suggest. AI is becoming worst and worst the longer the game goes and it needs significant boosts to survive. :)

Author: Catalin (Bucharest Romania), 08-12-2016 20:37
'Impossible' map.. - The Devil Is In The Detail
I tried 2 times this map,with Castle(Orrin),second time Cove(Jeremy).Time lost for nothing..
In first map necromancers have Town Portal and Water Walk,in second Water Walk minimum.In first map Thant with 1000 liches and more other troops come in my land with Water Walk,in the second map entering in blue teleporter with main hero Corke(offense speciality) met..Sandro with big army.Armaggedon he,1870 damage and hero lost,Sandro have Shackles of War..
Let Town Portal in castles,ban Water Walk anywere,maybe have small chances against necromancers....

koget (Denmark) writes:
10-12-2016 12:49

TP - The Devil Is In The Detail

TP is only available in shrine - in the mid.

Also, consider playing on lower level of difficulty for better results. I bet that playing on easy would make it more approachable for many. :-) The idea of 200% or "impossible&quo t; is to make the map, well, roughly impossible for most of the players.

Catalin writes:
10-12-2016 17:12

Low - The Devil Is In The Detail

OK,thanks.So,TP shrine have a location.
Will try the map on low level.

koget (Denmark) writes:
10-12-2016 19:31

Shrines - The Devil Is In The Detail

Yes, both Water Walk and TP can only be found on the central island.

Catalin writes:
11-12-2016 10:54

Darkstorn.. - The Devil Is In The Detail

Now with low difficulty Darkstorn comes in under defeating behemots,sure strong army,70 efreet sultan,20 devils,250 cerberi,77 minotaurs kings,etc...
My Crag Hack 11 archangels,other troops on Orrin in islands:)).
No luck with this map,will renonce to play:)).

Catalin writes:
11-12-2016 10:58

Darkstorn..(2) - The Devil Is In The Detail

These in month 3,week 3,day 5,and I liberated quick Catherine,Orrin without spell book:)

Author: Mike (United States), 28-11-2016 18:51
Very hard - The Devil Is In The Detail
I try to beat multiplayer maps on Impossible and without "reloading" ;. However this map is too challenging in that way, unless you get a little lucky with Teal and Pink's behavior. If I kept trying, I think it would be possible with Castle and Archangel cloning.

On the positives, the map can be very challenging on the first few days, especially on Impossible. Halfling huts are very helpful and it's nice to use them strategically. In fact you have to, in order to get wood and ore.

The Admiral's Hat and the Town Portal shrine are crucial stages to this map. I'd probably recommend looking for these in the Map Editor; just exploring blindly will probably not get you them soon enough. It does make for an exciting few days when you get to the stage where you make an attempt at the Town Portal shrine though.

The map is very well designed aesthetically and balanced fairly well across the 6 starting town types you can choose from.

On the down side, you are often at the mercy of the AI in this map. As I say above, if they make certain decisions you will be overwhelmed quickly. If they avoid your main town(s) you might be able to run and hide and survive while accumulating troops.

Author: Landslide (France), 28-11-2016 01:44
Killer map on last update - The Devil Is In The Detail
I've played this 3 times each on different version. First two versions lots of fun though not too difficult. Big suprise on V1.6. Really had to fight for my life at one point. Balancing between upping stats and getting more cities while avoiding teal and pink. Slowly managed to take over the map and finially hit the big AI heroes. Finished M8W2D7 on 200%. So is possible though having already played the map certainly helped. Great accomplishment for an AI that's extremely active and agressive on a Gaint map. We do have to put up with the waterwalk bug as the AI is also flying though makes a bigger challenge. Just one thing: the AI seems to get quite a creature boost but the resource boost isn't enough to cover. The AI cities had hundreds of creatures available. Even pink had cities with 500 vampires and liches + 200 black knights. Only 1 of the necro cities had a dragon vault so I'd advise increasing resource boost.

28-11-2016 11:37

Thank you for a positive comment! - The Devil Is In The Detail

I'm glad you enjoyed the map. As for the creature boosts, I may consider adding extra gold to cover for late months, e.g 6+. When roughly were you able to challenge teal and pink?

Landslide (France) writes:
29-11-2016 17:41

Timing - The Devil Is In The Detail

Beat the biggest teal hero Darkstorn around end month 6. As example in the 3 Dungeon cities total of 130 Black Dragons 450 Scorpicores 700 Minateurs etc. available. Pink biggest hero was Sandro won beggining month 8 but my army was overkill at that point. Again legions of creatures available plus the lack of dragon vaults = severe lack of resources

Author: NW power kurwo (Moscow, Russia), 27-11-2016 14:28
great map - The Devil Is In The Detail
great map by great mapmaker who prepared some maps for top lvl starcraft 2 play in korean leagues!

Author: kogeT (Copenhagen, Denmark), 17-11-2016 11:16
Another update - The Devil Is In The Detail
Hi everyone,

Thanks everyone for downloading and playing my map! I am flattered by the amount of downloads.

The latest version of the map i s1.6 and should be on the site now or very soon. It inculdes significant AI boosts for the increased difficulty level.

Best regards,
koget

Synesthesiac (United States) writes:
26-11-2016 11:04

AI Strength - The Devil Is In The Detail

Has this been beaten on impossible with your new AI strength? I about 5 months in, and I'm making my way around the map. I'm strong enough to beat the lesser AI heroes, but Teal and Pink are running around the map with water walk, and they're completely unstoppable.

Sandro just showed up with stats in the 60s, 1000s of Lichs and Vampires and 500 Bone Dragons. I can't even come close to beating him, or any of the other super strong heroes.

So as I conquer one of the other players, teal and pink come along behind me and take the castles. It's such a big map that I don't know how to keep up. I'm afraid even if I conquer all the other heroes, I'm never going to be able to catch up the big guys, who have no competition and just keep getting stronger.

koget (Denmark) writes:
26-11-2016 13:26

AI Strength - The Devil Is In The Detail

Yes, it has already been won on 200% (also, with citadel)

Synesthesiac (United States) writes:
27-11-2016 22:13

+ - The Devil Is In The Detail

Hmm...Do you suggest going after Teal and Pink early?

Because I'm working my way around the map now conquering everybody else, but I don't see any way to get enough troops to beat their main heroes. They have double my stats and usually triple my troops. Not to mention all of the strong artifacts. With waterwalk it's impossible for me to keep up with them now.

| 1-30 | ... | 91-120 | 121-150 | 151-180 | 181-210 | 211-240 | 241-249 |

Heroes 3: Horn of the Abyss 1.6.1 - Download Section

Heroes 7 News

Heroes 3 map: "Atlantic Revolutions"

Heroes 3 New map: "1797:Northern Italy campaign"

Heroes 7 maps

Heroes 7 patch 2.2 now available

Heroes 7 Creatures Fortress

Heroes 7 patch 1.8 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.7 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.6 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.5 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.4 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.3 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.2.1 now available

Heroes 7 cheats

Heroes 7 available!!! - Launch Trailer

Heroes 7 - closed beta 2 now available!

Heroes 7 screenshots

Heroes 7 Elves faction

Heroes 7 Dwarves faction

Heroes 7 Academy faction

Heroes 7 Haven faction

Heroes 7 release date: 29 September 2015

Haps4Heroes.com

How can I support maps4heroes.com ?

YooMoney:

Copyright © 1999-2024 All questions and comments please mail to evgkuz@yandex.ru

Privacy Policy