Author: Ventsislav (България), 27-04-2024 12:07

Portishead - Portishead - Way Home - Heroes 3 map

Where is Bird of perception? I need it for a gate and couldn't find it anywhere... more...

Author: user (Poland), 27-04-2024 12:07

Portishead - Portishead - Way Home - Heroes 3 map

So far so good. But where I can find Bird of perception ? more...

Author: Sulim81 (Poland), 27-04-2024 02:49

First info - Portishead - Way Home - Heroes 3 map

So far excellent. A lot of puzzles, which nicely form a chain of events. My first impression is oldschool adventure game, like Legend of Kyrandia or Secret of Monkey Island. I am done for today, I have reached two strong enemy heroes in Lepers' village (released after killing Bernadette) and do more...

Author: Garri , 26-04-2024 19:38

Superb map! - A Wizards Tale - Heroes 3 map

Superb map! more...

Author: Mattias (Sweden), 26-04-2024 16:52

How - Supernatural - Heroes 3 map

Okay I see, thanks mate :) more...

Author: wasilix , 26-04-2024 16:49

- - Supernatural - Heroes 3 map

I might have said wrong dates there, but in general idea is correct. Maybe the date is 1-2-6 if reaching the town in week 1 is really impossible. It's been extremely long time ago when I played this map, so I don't remember many details, but this time limit I remember, because initially I more...

Author: Mattias (Sweden), 26-04-2024 16:46

first towns - Supernatural - Heroes 3 map

How is this even possible? it takes 2 weeks just to walkt o the first town of Tirith? more...

Author: Платон мне друг (Latvia), 26-04-2024 16:33

YOU WILL WIN...BUT WHEN? - crapcore - Heroes 3 map

Thx for joy.Humans rules. Finished on 5m2w5d. Made small mistake - delivered Graal to elf town for luck, but later took elf town with fixed Graal. Better to open map. In the end i had 11 heroes with TP to collect resources and panish enemies. With last one first send 2 heroes with 21 fire birds(7x3) more...

Author: Volkor (Poland), 26-04-2024 10:44

map author - Prisoners of War - Heroes 3 map

"AI" on this map is strange. Sometimes 1-2 enemies die in first week ( for some reasons they don't whant to take castle ), sometimes no one dies.
On Impossible level once i had 3 towns around 2-3 month. Suddenly I was wiped out by Computer's Aenain with Horn of the Abyss and 14
more...

Author: Hidanister , 25-04-2024 13:30

Спасибо за отзыв! - Искатели Хранилища (Vault Hunters) - Heroes 3 map

Учту ваше мнение, доработаю и протестирую снова. more...

Author: Платон мне друг (Latvia), 25-04-2024 13:16

TWO STEPS FROM HELL - Element Land - Heroes 3 map

Bravo for creator. One of the best map ever. I was using 3 lines of savings for 3-5 steps ahead. Exploration, economy, speed, hits, runs, traps... how to stop strong enemy in front of your town and using hit and run for removing his mana or reducing his hordes. One more time BRAVO! more...

Author: Kir (Russia), 25-04-2024 12:47

map - Искатели Хранилища (Vault Hunters) - Heroes 3 map

Идея интересная, однако игровой процесс заморочный. Я легко разбил наземных противников, но задолбался надоело копить войска для пробивки огромных армий нейтралов. Городов и жилищ не так много для этого. Дипломатии нет, Воскрешения нет и т.п. more...

Author: Платон мне друг (Latvia), 25-04-2024 12:37

Map editor is mandatory against crazy creator - Fawn's Labyrinth - Heroes 3 map

After seventh month very easy to lose idea what is the main direction... neverending walking???... and backvocal... in your head... in your head..ad ad ad... ZOMBIES ZOMBIES ZOMBIES...E E E more...

Author: Платон мне друг (Latvia), 25-04-2024 12:24

I LIKE TO MOVE IT MOVE IT...YOU LIKE TO??? - Fawn's Labyrinth - Heroes 3 map

Stupid crazy walking map.Finished after 12 months. A few battles with enemies and 99 percents with static hordes. AI boosted - i had more cities and permanent forces collecting, but in tavern shows that opps had stronger army sitting on their territories. Taken popular film name Fawn's Labyrin more...

Subscribe to our Telegram Channel "maps4heroes.com" to be the first to receive NEW Maps and News for Heroes of Might & Magic 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2!

How can I support maps4heroes.com ?

YooMoney:
Login / Register on Maps4Heroes.com
Heroes 7 (VII) - Maps Heroes 6 (VI) - Maps Heroes 5 (V) - Maps Heroes 4 (IV) - Maps Heroes 3 (III) - Maps Heroes 2 (II) - Maps

Subscribe to our Telegram Channel "maps4heroes.com" to be the first to receive NEW Maps and News for Heroes of Might & Magic 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2!

Heroes3 - Your opinions about The Devil Is In The Detail - map rating = 50 Likes

Title:
Type your opinion in the space below:
Your name:
E-mail:

Your vote:
City, Country:
Attach the picture: (Gif, Jpeg)
Download map The Devil Is In The Detail - heroes 3 mapsDownload map The Devil Is In The Detail - heroes 3 maps

Download map -> The Devil Is In The Detail

Heroes 3: Horn of the Abyss

HotA 1.7 Factory update

Quite a few various updates to the map, incl 3/9 oclock changes, lowered guards in player forts, small changes to water paths etc.

Factory cannot be played from the beginning, but provides an alternative strategy later.

- DD, Fly banned
- Slow, Resurrect, Berserk, Clone, Town Portal can be obtained from the map

Good luck and look forward to your feedback!

Added: 04-02-2024

Heroes 3 maps: Art War (WoW-Scarlet Crusade) | The Forgotten Rivers | Find The Way | Muerte Ventura

| 1-30 | ... | 61-90 | 91-120 | 121-150 | 151-180 | 181-210 | 211-240 | 241-249 |

Author: EPicXss, 13-04-2018 21:08
yes - The Devil Is In The Detail
Yes. Left, buttom dungeon have blocked entrance from garrison to castle. Is that on purpose? Else the trick is to stay out of range until you can jump the town so you get to buy the creatures instead of fighting them and taking over empty dvellings.
Had a good run with Tazar this time but pink got the grail and got too far ahead.
Also, without Adrienne and fireelementals it is not likely to jump an early pink so I am trying to stay on main hero. Armorer speciality seem to be the best speciality with all the level up trees and getting fast to level 20+. Also best for the garrisons with cursed ground. Tazar and Mephala cannot learn fire magic, but it could be we won't need it. Resurrection where magic is allowed works in synergy with the armorer skill and shield. Neela can get fire, but she starts with useless scholar so I will try now with Mephala who starts with leadership which will benefit the mixed armies very much.
For the main hero to work we need armorer, offence, logistics, pathfinding, wisdom, earth and leadership. Last should be fire, but if I hero cannot learn that then diplomacy would be very strong.

Author: koget (cph), 13-04-2018 11:11
:-) - The Devil Is In The Detail
Do you play the latest version, e.g with forts at dungeons and bersek/clone at quests? :)

Good luck

Author: EpicXss, 12-04-2018 23:25
Still playing it :) - The Devil Is In The Detail
Still trying to beat JB's time...
I love how every game plays out differently so there is no sure fire way. So many different ways to try and play on different strengths at different stages in the game.

EpicXss writes:
14-04-2018 01:25

entrance - The Devil Is In The Detail

No, I mean you have to go around the castle after beating the garrison. That is the only castle you have to do that. All the others you can go 3 steps after the garrison and then take the castle.
Also I came up with the fastest strategy now I think. You must pick castle, fortress or stronghold and chose resource as bonus. That gives you the fastest possible start. Then you need a starting hero with ballista to take down the first dvellings ore and wood. That ballista you can then give to your main hero who needs to be in the tavern. So that means 100 restarts until you get your main.
Which I did with castle so I go with angels and armorer (Mephala) as my base.

impy writes:
14-04-2018 23:08

Fastest strategy - The Devil Is In The Detail

The best hero on such a big map is logistics specialty hero. If you want to spend time restarting, you may rather try to get movement enhancement artifact in nearby wagon:)
pic below is month 5, week3, day 5

Fastest strategy - The Devil Is In The Detail

JB (Moscow, Russia) writes:
18-04-2018 13:36

Congratulations, impy - The Devil Is In The Detail

Good job!

What scored did you get?

EPicXss writes:
18-04-2018 23:11

grats - The Devil Is In The Detail

Wow. Thats a serious record. I would think gold dragons didn't combine well with the resurrection spell you get first.
What's your secondary skills?
And did you get the grail?

impy writes:
19-04-2018 20:59

speedrun - The Devil Is In The Detail

I have to admit I did not aim at highest score in my run (so I abandoned it after defeating strongest pink), it just that a few positive factors helped a fast run. I love this map and played each colour at least twice, so I know every inch of it. I started with Kyrre, found eq.gloves in nearby wagon, and boots of speed were somewhere in the initial area too. Didn't get harassed by anyone until I had town portal. Skills were very common - wisdom, water, earth, logistics, pathfinding, archery, offense,tactics I think. No grail. The easiest to play is Rampart imho, sturdy & fast level 1 creature, sharpshooters, treasury, do not upgrade level 7 unless you have orb of vuln., you might find lot of available archers in Castles if you sneak up on him I attached a full pic, showing some info including secondary heroes. It is very helpful to build up early a sec. hero with sorcery specialty who will travel with a handful of phoenixes and soften strong enemy heroes with armaggedon, mop up weaker heroes, take over towns on his own etc. AI cannot correctly asses you having Admiral's hat, so it can be utilised (or ignored for a harder version of the map)

speedrun - The Devil Is In The Detail

Author: Tung (Vietnam), 04-04-2018 21:22 Like
Very good map - The Devil Is In The Detail
I like you. Good!

Author: Tung (Vietnam), 04-04-2018 21:21 Like
I like this map. Very good. I spended 1 week for play.

Author: EpicXss, 04-04-2018 15:05
Adrienne - The Devil Is In The Detail
New version with resurrection quest, Adrienne in prison is not the real Adrienne and is not recognized in the underground hut.
To JB, amazingly done :)

koget (Copenhagen, Denmark) writes:
04-04-2018 18:38

Bug - The Devil Is In The Detail

Oh no, you are right.. it should be updated soon! Thank you for playing, enjoyed your battle report. :-)

Author: JB (Moscow, Russia), 04-04-2018 14:05
Unforgettable experience (206 days, 200%, Castle, Adela, 40 lvl) - The Devil Is In The Detail
Thanks for this unique opportunity. This map has been very fun.

On my 4th try I've managed to win!
Started as Red with Adela on Impossible (1431 ver).

The route to victory was getting the Admiral's Hat and 2 quest Azure dragons as soon as possible (before the Teal started actively exploring seas and before the Pink left the Underground).

With the Admiral's Hat it was possible to move from one island to another without the risk of getting caught by much stronger Teal heroes.

Had to find a space of several days to get to the central shrine (TP) without any threat from the Pink.

After that it was important to get 2 angel dwellings and start getting Teal underground towns, one by one.

These 6 towns combined with the army from 2 main towns made possible defeating Teal heroes.

The Grail this time was on the territory of the Orange, so after defeating Darkstone, Drake and Mutare I went to the Orange.

I saw that AI had left several holes in the ground and was sure at first the Grail already had been built in the Orange - or the Purple Conflux. But while exploring the map I kept digging by a secondary hero. And Voila!

I put the Grail into the Tower town (on the seashore) to see the whole map.

After that it was a long period of hide-and-seek with the Pink, taking towns one by one, and killing his heroes.

During the third week of the seventh month, I let the Pink's main hero attack me. I still trailed in stats if compared to him (he had about 60 in everything), but the fight was won.

Ended the map with the score 392 (206 days).
Unforgettable experience (206 days, 200%, Castle, Adela, 40 lvl) - The Devil Is In The Detail

Author: EpicXss, 02-04-2018 05:46
Finished in 215 days on 200% - The Devil Is In The Detail
Given the time you have used to create it I think you deserve some feedback.
First, amazing map (1431, impossible) that I have spend many many hours on now :)
Unfortunately pink have assembled Power of the dragon father so that renders ABlade and berserk/orb of vulnerability useless at that point.
Month 7 week 2 I tried challenge the main pink hero with my own 69,62,87,69. 2k skeletons, 6 rust, 21 azure 14 crystal and 228 phoenix. Orb of vulnerability , fire orb, earth orb, ABlade. I have 0,0 chance when he have power of the dragon father.
Will try berserk (with the orb of vulnerability) in the giant pink garrisions to gather a giant skeleton army. And since I have all the other castles I just have to out produce him.
It worked. Month 8, week 2, day 5 pink is defeated but still hides one somewhere so losing a week until he abandons him.
215 days I finished. Outskilled pink by visiting all the libraries 80,76,99,81
16k skeletons. Hits for 100k... 106 archdevils, 41 rust, 27 azure, 28 farie, 29 crystal and 600 phoenixes.
Best strategy so far is to hero shift, from starter hero to prison hero to pink when you get the first one down.
Also gear up two more heroes (defeated necroes) to take the castles around the island and keep the fodder down.
Start with fortress and use Gerwulf or Tazar to get the fastest start possible.
Objective is to free prison asap and get Adrienne. She has fireelementals which will make her the most powerful prison hero. Especially facing pink with AB.
She starts with Logistics, wisdom, fire magic and sorcery.
Apart from logistics she will need pathfinding (from hut) which is getting so much more value without dd.
She will need additionally earth (townportal, slow, implosion) and intelligence and sorcery.
If you don’t get earth and intelligence it is restart.
Intelligence allows you to simply out mana enemy when we both are battling with elementals. When he is out of mana you can ress all your troops.
One last spot should be resistance to win the elemental battles (lower enemy spell power).
Problem is the luck part from the huts. First one is ok with pathfinding. Second one down left is also ok with logistics for your starting hero. But last one top left is random. And that is where you want resistance or second armory. If you don’t get that it is restart. So that’s the luck part that is not so good.

02-04-2018 19:34

Congrats - The Devil Is In The Detail

Thank you for your feedback, im glad you enjoyed the map! FYI, unless you downloaded the map just yesterday, the latest and final version is in the link. I changed some small things here and there, e.g berserk and clone are now via quest, resurrection from defeating liches etc.

As for the balance / luck. The map indeed plays differently every time, but there are countless ways to win it with all castles/heroes. There is no need to be upset by not getting a specific skill, people have won it with pure brute force, spells (clone etc.), or just by outplaying the AI and taking the right castles in time.

EpicXss writes:
03-04-2018 15:30

Highscore - The Devil Is In The Detail

The question is not to win it, but with what score (382 the last version). Getting the wrong skill combo will hold you back. Another way of playing it, is to just go with what you get, but that wont get you any highscore.
“Countless ways to win”
Brute force=slowest=lowest score.
Spells, yes of course. Many combos to take down a much bigger force than yourself.
Slow/berserk. And with orb of V can take down any type/size garrison.
Elementals/implosion /blind/ress. Lose all army, blind the last enemy and ress everything.
Outplaying AI=pathfinding and logistics. And using more than one hero. Hence the use of main hero and two or three lieutenants. All need town portal.
All of those needs to be in play to max the score a map this size.

Now you changed the lich quest to resurrection Adrienne´s fireelementals falls in value relatively.
With ress available so early, now Taz seems a better starting hero to take your first pink down. But this is the balance I love to play around with :)

Only real problem is that when you free the prison hero, the exp is assigned automatically and I cannot chose the skills. So if she gets useless skills I have to restart. I get earth from university, and pathfinding from hut. And I need int in one of the last two spots.
I even had one try where I got 3 skill slots taken…
Anyway the map is epic and I will go all in again on your new version with resurrection.
I would love to see anyone post their highscore and with what tactics they used :)

Author: koget (cph), 26-03-2018 15:19
Adjustments - The Devil Is In The Detail
Well, as many people as many opinions. :-) For many people resurrection made it too easy to play the map, hence summon boat. I agree it could something different than a spell, I will think about it. I don't like DD or fly as it makes many objects on the map redundant - forts between players, gates at hell, access to lvl7 dwellings, also access to middle etc. That is why I banned it.

Mb a +3 morale +3 luck thing could be a reward as map favours mixed armies.

Author: Mike, 26-03-2018 13:43
spells - The Devil Is In The Detail
I'm not a fan of the new spell quest configuration. I rarely did the Liches quest when it was for Resurrection, but I will never do it for Summon Boat. It's just a waste of space. I always get Summon Boat from the Admiral's Hat. I think returning it to Resurrection makes sense so that each town type has access to it and can use it as they go for the bigger spells in the center. If you felt Dimension Door was too powerful, maybe change the Mummy quests to be for Fly (on both sides), or a cool artifact like Orb of Vulnerability (which looks enabled on the map but I've never gotten one).

Author: Gigachamp (Denmark), 25-03-2018 18:41
prison - The Devil Is In The Detail
Great, Adrienne is in the fortress prison...

Author: Gigachamp (Denmark), 25-03-2018 18:34
The 200% challenge - The Devil Is In The Detail
OK great there is some response :)
First, I play this as a min/max trying to ”solve” the map with the one lastest combination possible.
That means many many savegames and different branches of savegames going back weeks or months to points of decisions. So in that matter I play a very precise game.
And that also mean I never give up until every possible combination have been tried and exhausted.
I am happy you write that we are not supposed to get the blade, that makes more sense but I will still try if it is possible in any way. So far it is clear you will need a caster hero to take down those guardians, since it cannot be done with troops and might.

It makes a difference in strategy if I have to play against the blade and not with it. As playing against it, now resistance becomes important, as opposite of having it yourself then sorcery/firemagic (Adrienne) would be best combo.
I hope you will leave this version (impossible) of the map as it is until we see someone beat it, on 200%
The challenge must stand as it is, as a true “impossible” test.

And now let us try to find the best combo of hero/skills and town.
Since the heroes available in tavern are random we can test by simply putting the one you are looking for on the map directly from start. Then you will have to buy another hero and dismiss him. Just to not waste time on randomness. And you cannot use him until you have gold to buy the other hero. It must be as it would have been if the hero was available in tavern.
You can also put the spells that you want to appear in mages guild within the limits of the map.
And you can also edit the huts and remove air/fire/earth/water since you will have them from the magic university.
Thorgrim is my best bet so far if I am going against the blade.
If we are trying to get the blade first, only option is a caster that can take down the guardians. And we will need expert earth with mass slow.
So a possible combo would be Adrienne as the tavern hero and stronghold which is what I will test now.
For the caster strategy you will need dispel, haste, shield, slow, stone skin. Blind, firewall, quicksand. Destroy undead, force field and hypnotize.
Even after all that it might come down to what type of level 7 you are facing before entering the the snowy part of the island. Hydras being the best case scenario to defeat with hypnotize.

Author: koget (Copenhagen, Denmark), 25-03-2018 13:56
Impossible - The Devil Is In The Detail
The map is constantly getting updated and adjusted.. some things like Resurection were moved, some things like Fly / DD were removed. Map only allows TP / Summon Boat / Water Walk / Resurrection to be collected from quests/shrines. DD / Fly are banned. Other spells are allowed. Same goes with artifacts like wings.

As for the difficulty, many people won this map with no problems. The armageddon blade in the mid is not supposed to be collected by a human player, it's more like a teaser that you can see pink picking it up in front of your eyes. Of course it's probably possible to get there before him but that would require a very precise game. And to be honest armaggedons blade doesn't really make pink more scary, it takes time anyway to beat him with or without AB.

Good luck in your future tries!

koget

Author: Mike, 25-03-2018 05:40
hmmm - The Devil Is In The Detail
Actually it looks like the Fly and Dimension Door seer's huts have been removed. I'm on my first try at this new version of the map and doing pretty well, but that was quite a surprise when I visited the DD hut and thought I had things wrapped up, only to get Resurrection instead. Still, doing pretty well with Evocaius, Town Portal, and most of my favorite skills (I would have liked a hero with Diplomacy, ideally, but can't complain too much!). Will try to finish this and see if I can do it on my first try without DD.

Author: Mike, 25-03-2018 01:29
quest - The Devil Is In The Detail
There is a quest to get Dimension Door. Honestly if you give up looking for something like this, I am not surprised you have given up on the map as a whole. Because I enjoy this map, I'll start a new play on it, 200% and no reloads, and tell you how many it takes me to win.

Author: gigachamp (shh), 24-03-2018 19:42
Impossible difficulty 200% - The Devil Is In The Detail
If you choose "200%" rating it is impossible. I challenge anyone to do it. That is what borki_balboa is saying, when you start the game choose rating 200%
Ofc. on the "impossible&quo t; map.
For Mike, the chances for dimension door or fly is zero. It is disabled in the map.
So you cannot get it from any castle or any pyramid.

With zero starting resources or gold, there is no way you can take down the guardians in the middle before pink. Month 3, week 3 pink goes through the portal and get the Armageddons blade. After that it is game over. This is tested with 2 heroes strategy for fastest expansion. Castle, Christian for fastest start and Adele for diplomacy. Tower Solmyr and Neela. And finally stronghold with Gundula and Dessa being the best try.
Knowing that deadline I landed on the middle at month 3, week 3 with 12 ancient behemoths, level 16- 18,11,7,14. But that is not enough to kill any of the monsterstacks blocking the middle.
So only other option is to let pink clear the middle and get the town portal after. But that leaves you facing pink with the blade and the grail. Then you try get the azure dragons but only to face a stack of over 100 level 7 monster from another hero with stats equal or better than you.
So once again I highly doubt it is possible to complete on 200% rating.

Mike writes:
27-03-2018 12:30

shackles - The Devil Is In The Detail

Looks like you added Shackles of War to every single pink hero as well. I don't remember that from last time I played this. Now you're more likely to just lose if pink decides to go after you. Unfortunately with most H3 strategies well known, it's hard to make something a "challenge" ; or "impossible&quo t; without simply making it random.

epicxss writes:
27-03-2018 22:51

200% challenge - The Devil Is In The Detail

If you want the map to be a serious challenge then you cannot "change things around" all the time. The way they are will define the tactics needed to break it. So make one and let it stand as the challenge. Then people can enable whatever they want in their own games.
With D.D. obviously you need air magic, but without it we can use the slot for better skills. Adrienne from the prison is the only one who have a possible chance to get the blade first with the firelementals spell, the fire orb and combined with slow expert earth, but I am still too late. Month 3, day 5 I enter the snowy area, but pink is already there. So after many tries I managed to get one of the pink heroes down before he escaped but only to find that when buying him he didnt have the shackles anymore...
Anyway if you plan on changing things around further then let us know when you are finished so we now what we are up against.

epicxss writes:
27-03-2018 23:43

The mummy quest - The Devil Is In The Detail

To Mike.
The mummy quest is now resurrection.
And that makes air magic obsolete on this map.

27-03-2018 23:45

Challenge - The Devil Is In The Detail

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. I mostly change things that are not relevant for general strategy, the only one was the change with Fly / DD, but that also happened a while ago (at least few months). As for shackles, necro heroes had them from start, but often they will shuffle between them and for example 1 hero holds 4 lol.

I have now made an update (direct link, not available YET on this site, putting resurrection back and adding a small dragon dungeon. To access it you need to make the old quest where you could get fly/dd.

I hope you'll have fun with the map!

Cheers

Skeeve (Princeton, NJ USA) writes:
08-01-2022 15:55

Mr. - The Devil Is In The Detail

I managed to win on Impossible but it was a game of cat and mouse and dodging the strong Pink and Teal Heroes and using the disguise spell until I could finally be a match for them. Game time was almost 36 months!

Author: Super JB (France), 17-03-2018 04:48 Like
A Knight's Tale - The Devil Is In The Detail
THE DEVIL IS IN THE DETAIL [IMPOSSIBLE DIFFICULTY VERSION] WIN as Castle.
Start:Castle/Hero: Christian/Bonus:Ress ources/Player Difficuly:Expert
Win in 452 Days

My most Epic and Challenging game on H3. I thought about giving up the game a lot of times. I even thought the map was not possible. But I've got it from the first try. It was hard, very hard but WOW it was epic.

Highlights:

Great Escape: In early / mid game my main hero was chased on the seas by the green player. He was faster than me and if he ended up catching me the game was lost. I landed on an island with a castle Conflux, he followed me. I used the "Scuttle Boat" spell on his boat and mine and ran away to the other side of the island where one of my heroes was arriving to save my main hero. Result: My hero was saved and the green hero with his main army was stuck on the island for two months. Later, I came back to kill him!

Go for The Armageddon: Blue take the Armageddon Blade in mid game. I changed all my strategies and focused all my attention on taking him and preventing him from becoming too much of a threat. After a trying campaign I managed to get him with the shackles of war and take him the sword!

Immortality Protocol: At the end of the game there remained the two super AIs. During my fight with one of them, I lost a lot of things and when I saw that he had only one elemental magic left. As my creature did not counterattack and the elemental magical did not do me damage I took the opportunity to clone my angels and resurrect as many people as possible!

Chirstian End game stats (without items) Lvl 52 90att/88def/90pwr/64 knw
Skills : Leadership/Artillery /Balistics/Wisdom/Ai r Magic/Pathfinding/Lo gistic/Fire Magic

The most useful Items of the game: Armageddon's Blade (good in mid game, useless at the end)/Elixir of Life/Admiral's hat/Shackles of War/Boots of Speed/Equestrian 's Gloves/Cape of Velocity/Pendant of Dispassion
A Knight's Tale - The Devil Is In The Detail

kogeT (CPH) writes:
17-03-2018 23:42

The Devil - The Devil Is In The Detail

Hi mate,

I'm glad you liked the map! Interesting to hear your story, also the fact that you were chased by Green (Cove) and Blue (Tower) rather than Teal and Pink. Teal must have focused on the other part of the map. Also very supprising that Blue got the armagedons blade before pink, never happened in my life. :-)

I'm working on another G map with a differet twist, but that will probably take me another year to finish.

Best wishes,
koget

Author: Homura, 15-03-2018 05:22 Like
Beware of Berserk - The Devil Is In The Detail
Having been playing Heroes 3 for more than 10 years, this was my first time being a victim of computer's Berserk spell. I always supposed that the computer would never cast Berserk, maybe the 1.5.0 version of HotA upgraded the computer players a little? Anyway, that's really kinda shocking to me. A few pink's heroes cast expert level Berserk on me, which really kinda messed things up, so in the end I had to remind myself to wear the pendant of dispassion. Before being cast Berserk, one Teal hero also cast Forgetfulness on me (not expert level), which I'm not sure if has ever happened before.

I played an early version of this map in HotA 1.4.2 early last year, I don't remember exactly, but feel this final version is harder with more boosts on Teal and Pink. Also, in the early version, no Berserk from computer lol The key to beat this map, as usual, is to build up a very strong main hero ASAP, and then start to take out Teal and Pink's strong heroes one by one. Also, get Resurrection early. Anyway, good work!

Author: zec (Romania), 01-03-2018 10:52
Strategy - The Devil Is In The Detail
i started with castle and i restarted several times .Main problems was gold and town portal .I win with hero kyree i think is best choice for this map.Very hard on first 5 months when you must up skills and conquest nearest areas before going to town portal.After that the skills is growing fast and except the pink hero which i left later for fight him to minimize loses the map is really easy only move.Dont forget to have a scholar hero and check tavern .

Author: borki_balboa, 21-02-2018 03:53
:( - The Devil Is In The Detail
This map is truly impossible on impossible. I have sunk over 40 hrs into it on 3 separate plays and I am always overwhelmed by either one of the two computer-only players. Not fun...:(

By cheating it took me 302 archangels at month 4, week 1 to beat teal's strongest hero (invading one of my island castles). Interesting map, but impossible difficulty.

koget writes:
21-02-2018 10:15

Challenge - The Devil Is In The Detail

Hi,

I understand your struggle and appreciate that you tried. The map was designed to be very difficult, but it has been won by dozens of players. It requires some heroes 3 skills to move forward. It can be done, keep on trying! :)

Author: KKrabs (US), 21-02-2018 00:26
Awesome But - The Devil Is In The Detail
I played this game with a friend using hotseat and had a blast but did not have enough time to finish. We saved and when we tried to continue the list for hotseat games was empty. Even the autosaves were not their. The games were still in my games folder and could actually be loaded singleplayer but were not under the list for hotseat. Any idea how to prevent or fix this?

koget writes:
21-02-2018 10:14

Problem - The Devil Is In The Detail

I'm sorry to hear, this must be HotA bug. It haven't happened to me or other people play the map before. :(

Author: Butter, 17-02-2018 12:34 Like
Amazing map - The Devil Is In The Detail
Hi. Thank you for this amazing map. Is it possible to play this map with unique heroes e.g Gelu/Dracon. I tried enabling them in the editor and placing them on the map itself but it doesn't seem to change anything. Thanks in advance!

kogeT (CPH) writes:
17-02-2018 14:33

Gelu/Dracon - The Devil Is In The Detail

Hi,

Thank you your kind words sir.

Gelu is available at prison for Rampart and Dracon at prison for Tower

Butter writes:
17-02-2018 14:53

Amazing map - The Devil Is In The Detail

Thank you for the quick response! I just started the scenario hehe. Guess i was a bit impatient. Keep up the good work!

Mariusz (SŁupsk) writes:
11-09-2018 13:26

DRACON HERO - The Devil Is In The Detail

PROSZE POKAZ MI GDZIE JEST DRACON SUPER BOHATER ? PROSZE POKAZ MAPA ?

Author: C32, 02-02-2018 19:56
devil map - The Devil Is In The Detail
Has anyone ever won this game without a single save/load?

kogeT (CPH) writes:
03-02-2018 13:25

Difficulty - The Devil Is In The Detail

Hi,

Yes, map was won by many people. Although the "save" questions is difficult to answer, as many people will save games before some fights etc.

Mike writes:
12-03-2018 17:06

Yes - The Devil Is In The Detail

Yes, this is how I play and it is certainly possible. But sometimes you will be unlucky and you will lose even with "perfect" strategy (see my example below in comments where an enemy I could not see and could not flee from was able to find me). The progression is: Endless Purse --> Admiral's Hat --> Town Portal. Be aware of where enemies are (View Air) and write down which ones have Admiral's Hat or Water Walk, so you know if they can reach you or not. Work on lots of movement points each day (Logistics, Boots of Speed, Pathfinding, etc.) so when you go onto the big island for Town Portal, the enemies will not be able to catch you if you have a head start.

Mike writes:
12-03-2018 17:08

one more thing - The Devil Is In The Detail

One more thing to keep track of is the Shackles of War! Test with throw-away heroes to see who has one. Then once you know, you can bring a Phoenix to battles with your main hero and have a good chance to move first and escape if you need to. Diplomacy helps keep costs down for this! You can afford 1 or 2 Surrender with an army of your Level 7's if you pay attention to your town economy and maximize gold.

koget (cph) writes:
14-03-2018 15:46

Congrats - The Devil Is In The Detail

Happy to hear you managed to win! (without save as I assume :-))

How long did it take?

I also believe the map can "randomly" vary from very difficult to relatively easy. If teal decides to rush you in first 3-4 months, it's very difficult. Often teal will go for 1-2 other players though and that gives a lot of time for a human player to build up his army. :)

Mike writes:
22-03-2018 21:57

yes - The Devil Is In The Detail

Yes, my wins were without saving. (or rather, without reloading). I am not sure how long it took, in terms of game days. Probably 15 new games though, playing until I died or realized I could not win. The first few, I didn't know about the Purse and Admiral's hat, so that was a learning experience. Then Town Portal. Eventually I figured out a few good ways to maximize my chances at Dimension Door as well, which greatly increases one's chance of winning.

Yes, randomness is a problem in my opinion. Still, there are many ways to tilt things in your direction as a player. I believe I could likely win without reloads about 50% of the time now that I have a good strategy.

Author: C32, 30-01-2018 18:06
Walkthrough. - The Devil Is In The Detail
I must say that the map is very hard and basically the only thing that actually gives you a chance is to recruit a defeated necromancer and lear spells from him.

Author: koget (Copenhagen, Denmark), 12-11-2017 15:06
Final update - The Devil Is In The Detail
Hi,

I've done a final update to the map - changed some concepts, fixed extra bugs etc.

Good luck to everyone trying!

koget

Gunthor (Oslo,Norway) writes:
13-11-2017 16:10

update? - The Devil Is In The Detail

Hi, Great map! But where do i find this update? when i click the download-link the file says last changed 19.02.17...

15-11-2017 22:08

Update - The Devil Is In The Detail

Hi,

Only the impossible version has been updated.. I'll update the hard version too soon. Thanks for noticing.

koget

16-11-2017 20:42

Update - The Devil Is In The Detail

Hi,

The "Hard version" is also updated now. Cheers and GL! Let me know how did your game go. :)

Author: Phoenix (Nice, France), 22-09-2017 01:13 Like
Great work!!!! - The Devil Is In The Detail
Very hard, challenged AI's attack in 2rd month with powerfull army
Run :))
I've finish in 8th month

Author: Sasha (Ekaterinburg, Russia), 28-08-2017 15:57
Brilliant map - The Devil Is In The Detail
Just nothing to tell more: well balanced, beautifully designed, AI is extremly powerfull and clever, but not unbeatable. Well done!

Author: CoronerZg (Croatia), 16-07-2017 17:20
Crash - The Devil Is In The Detail
Month 2, Week 2, Day 7 ...getting crash during Pink player turn all the time, can't avoid it :(

[HotA CRASH INFO file]

Time: Sun Jul 16 16:09:20 2017

HotA.dll version: 1.4.2

HotA.dll test version: 0

HotA_Settings.ini version: 1.4.2.0

Test features disabled

HotA internal map version: 0

HotA internal savegame version: 3

HD version: without HD

Exception

{

Module: h3hota.exe

Adress: 0x004C8E78

Code: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIO LATION

Flags: 0x00000000

Information: read of address: 0xDC171DF0

}

CoronerZg (Croatia) writes:
16-07-2017 18:39

Edit - The Devil Is In The Detail

Sorry, I meant Month 2, Week 4, Day 7

Andon (Sweden) writes:
28-08-2017 19:47

error - The Devil Is In The Detail

Must be HotA bug, the map never crashed for me.

Author: Mike, 24-04-2017 04:43
Need to slow down pink/teal - The Devil Is In The Detail
This pretty much sums it up: http://imgur.com/a/q sgdd

Month 4, Week 1, Day 2. He Water Walked to get to me, starting from a place I couldn't see, and has the Shackles of War.

Author: judovana, 20-03-2017 11:34
not good - The Devil Is In The Detail
played three times, just to verify why it have so high rating. Cant agree.
- the quests are not worthy of rewards
- the pink is too strong in early stages, week in later stages
- the only necessary quest is for resurrection - whoever kill the lichs, all got the spell.
- bad usage of bonus heroes (all are here but you dont know it in first game play)
- badly balanced heroes - in first month, with main hero 20 20 20 20, pink and teal have several 40 40 40 40 with many many spell.
- to much artifacts to easily available. fist month, assembeld power of dragon father+armagedon blade+orb of vulenreability.. cool....
- at the end of game the ulitmate artifacts are there to mnay times.
- grail can be build in pinks city from beggining, there i sno way you get it first

Long story short - map is beatufiull for eye-seeing, but the gameplay is very bad. More balance and especially less randomness and less "global" stuff (like the resurection) would be awesome.

kogeT (Copenhagen, Denmark) writes:
20-03-2017 13:35

Thanks for feedback - The Devil Is In The Detail

Do you suggest any fixes to above points? You must realize the any open giant map will be in a way random. Strong artifacts like armagedons blade or power of dragon feather are to increase AIs strength and make the map more challanging.

Would like to hear your feedback on each of the points as it's easier said than done.

Thanks anyway, I'll analyze each point.

| 1-30 | ... | 61-90 | 91-120 | 121-150 | 151-180 | 181-210 | 211-240 | 241-249 |

Heroes 3: Horn of the Abyss 1.6.1 - Download Section

Heroes 7 News

Heroes 3 map: "Atlantic Revolutions"

Heroes 3 New map: "1797:Northern Italy campaign"

Heroes 7 maps

Heroes 7 patch 2.2 now available

Heroes 7 Creatures Fortress

Heroes 7 patch 1.8 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.7 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.6 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.5 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.4 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.3 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.2.1 now available

Heroes 7 cheats

Heroes 7 available!!! - Launch Trailer

Heroes 7 - closed beta 2 now available!

Heroes 7 screenshots

Heroes 7 Elves faction

Heroes 7 Dwarves faction

Heroes 7 Academy faction

Heroes 7 Haven faction

Heroes 7 release date: 29 September 2015

Haps4Heroes.com

How can I support maps4heroes.com ?

YooMoney:

Copyright © 1999-2024 All questions and comments please mail to evgkuz@yandex.ru

Privacy Policy