Author: Sulim81 (Poland), 27-04-2024 02:49

First info - Portishead - Way Home - Heroes 3 map

So far excellent. A lot of puzzles, which nicely form a chain of events. My first impression is oldschool adventure game, like Legend of Kyrandia or Secret of Monkey Island. I am done for today, I have reached two strong enemy heroes in Lepers' village (released after killing Bernadette) and do more...

Author: Garri , 26-04-2024 19:38

Superb map! - A Wizards Tale - Heroes 3 map

Superb map! more...

Author: Mattias (Sweden), 26-04-2024 16:52

How - Supernatural - Heroes 3 map

Okay I see, thanks mate :) more...

Author: wasilix , 26-04-2024 16:49

- - Supernatural - Heroes 3 map

I might have said wrong dates there, but in general idea is correct. Maybe the date is 1-2-6 if reaching the town in week 1 is really impossible. It's been extremely long time ago when I played this map, so I don't remember many details, but this time limit I remember, because initially I more...

Author: Mattias (Sweden), 26-04-2024 16:46

first towns - Supernatural - Heroes 3 map

How is this even possible? it takes 2 weeks just to walkt o the first town of Tirith? more...

Author: Платон мне друг (Latvia), 26-04-2024 16:33

YOU WILL WIN...BUT WHEN? - crapcore - Heroes 3 map

Thx for joy.Humans rules. Finished on 5m2w5d. Made small mistake - delivered Graal to elf town for luck, but later took elf town with fixed Graal. Better to open map. In the end i had 11 heroes with TP to collect resources and panish enemies. With last one first send 2 heroes with 21 fire birds(7x3) more...

Author: Volkor (Poland), 26-04-2024 10:44

map author - Prisoners of War - Heroes 3 map

"AI" on this map is strange. Sometimes 1-2 enemies die in first week ( for some reasons they don't whant to take castle ), sometimes no one dies.
On Impossible level once i had 3 towns around 2-3 month. Suddenly I was wiped out by Computer's Aenain with Horn of the Abyss and 14
more...

Author: Hidanister , 25-04-2024 13:30

Спасибо за отзыв! - Искатели Хранилища (Vault Hunters) - Heroes 3 map

Учту ваше мнение, доработаю и протестирую снова. more...

Author: Платон мне друг (Latvia), 25-04-2024 13:16

TWO STEPS FROM HELL - Element Land - Heroes 3 map

Bravo for creator. One of the best map ever. I was using 3 lines of savings for 3-5 steps ahead. Exploration, economy, speed, hits, runs, traps... how to stop strong enemy in front of your town and using hit and run for removing his mana or reducing his hordes. One more time BRAVO! more...

Author: Kir (Russia), 25-04-2024 12:47

map - Искатели Хранилища (Vault Hunters) - Heroes 3 map

Идея интересная, однако игровой процесс заморочный. Я легко разбил наземных противников, но задолбался надоело копить войска для пробивки огромных армий нейтралов. Городов и жилищ не так много для этого. Дипломатии нет, Воскрешения нет и т.п. more...

Author: Платон мне друг (Latvia), 25-04-2024 12:37

Map editor is mandatory against crazy creator - Fawn's Labyrinth - Heroes 3 map

After seventh month very easy to lose idea what is the main direction... neverending walking???... and backvocal... in your head... in your head..ad ad ad... ZOMBIES ZOMBIES ZOMBIES...E E E more...

Author: Платон мне друг (Latvia), 25-04-2024 12:24

I LIKE TO MOVE IT MOVE IT...YOU LIKE TO??? - Fawn's Labyrinth - Heroes 3 map

Stupid crazy walking map.Finished after 12 months. A few battles with enemies and 99 percents with static hordes. AI boosted - i had more cities and permanent forces collecting, but in tavern shows that opps had stronger army sitting on their territories. Taken popular film name Fawn's Labyrin more...

Author: Платон мне друг (Latvia), 25-04-2024 12:06

WHAT TO DO IF YOU ARE LAZY??? - The water is important - Heroes 3 map

Just take random map and make small edit. Humans started with Adel and Dragon. On second step Luna start collecting resources on ally land. Finished on 3m3w4d. Very very bad creation. more...

Author: Платон мне друг (Latvia), 25-04-2024 10:40

WALK MF,,,WALK - Prisoners of War - Heroes 3 map

Played with humans.Diplomacy doesnt work.On 6th month all enemies died except blue one.Bring Graal to open map. To pass the gates around the middle lake you need 30th level.Spend two more month with 4 main heroes to destroy last one. Made a connection chain for collecting strong units and kill last more...

Subscribe to our Telegram Channel "maps4heroes.com" to be the first to receive NEW Maps and News for Heroes of Might & Magic 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2!

How can I support maps4heroes.com ?

YooMoney:
Login / Register on Maps4Heroes.com
Heroes 7 (VII) - Maps Heroes 6 (VI) - Maps Heroes 5 (V) - Maps Heroes 4 (IV) - Maps Heroes 3 (III) - Maps Heroes 2 (II) - Maps

Subscribe to our Telegram Channel "maps4heroes.com" to be the first to receive NEW Maps and News for Heroes of Might & Magic 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2!

Heroes3 - Your opinions about The Devil Is In The Detail - map rating = 50 Likes

Title:
Type your opinion in the space below:
Your name:
E-mail:

Your vote:
City, Country:
Attach the picture: (Gif, Jpeg)
Download map The Devil Is In The Detail - heroes 3 mapsDownload map The Devil Is In The Detail - heroes 3 maps

Download map -> The Devil Is In The Detail

Heroes 3: Horn of the Abyss

HotA 1.7 Factory update

Quite a few various updates to the map, incl 3/9 oclock changes, lowered guards in player forts, small changes to water paths etc.

Factory cannot be played from the beginning, but provides an alternative strategy later.

- DD, Fly banned
- Slow, Resurrect, Berserk, Clone, Town Portal can be obtained from the map

Good luck and look forward to your feedback!

Added: 04-02-2024

Heroes 3 maps: Двое против одного | Battle for live! | Home of Dimonija | One & One

| 1-30 | 31-60 | 61-90 | 91-120 | 121-150 | 151-180 | 181-210 | 211-240 | 241-249 |

Author: didDone (Emerald Moor, NorthEast), 15-08-2020 09:50 Like
332 - The Devil Is In The Detail
Sure one can do better, and
sure someone would do!
but as for me, i wouldnt even try.
As far as "Factory is coming" it's time to leave Heroes for good.
Thanks and Good luck to all! =)

didDone (Emerald Moor, NorthEast) writes:
21-08-2020 06:27

Details - The Devil Is In The Detail

for more details this time i have videos of my walk through,
but there are so much episodes of exchanging artifacts or armies between heroes, choosing the route or just staring at the map making descisiions..., so i would rather name this slow-walk(as it realy is) insteed of fast-run (as some one can say). i m sure one wont to watch this boredrom, and m not ready to cut it in a nearest future, once i do that, then i ll post the link here)

War writes:
21-08-2020 13:50

_ - The Devil Is In The Detail

You used many heroes of the same variety to strengthen your early army right?

21-08-2020 16:22

Personnel policy - The Devil Is In The Detail

havent clearly understand what do you mean...,
but i ll try to describe my personnel policy)
yes i ve been trying to make heroes learn similar secondary skills,
earth and wisdom undoubtable, else is desirable but not so important.
knew that water would be needed to face garrisons, so tried to learn it too when this opton was avaliable
learning navigation isnt nessesary for all, 3 or 4 navigators are well enough
good specialization is important either but not critical for most of cases.
Kyrre made long passes shorther to reach distant towns, Mephala let covering units to live longer in combat when magic was forbidden.
and surely Gelu who trained sharpshooters for the only damaging stack through almost all the pass.
(have hired storm & ice elementals for two last garrisins only.)
Dracon is an option, but enchanters are bit more expansive and less of them are avaliable to hire.in any case blue have got him from the prison first)
skipping Neela at the 2nd or 3rd week wasnt a good idea, so after learnig town portal had some discomfort for some turns till Octavia came to tavern.
hope i ve answered ur question)

27-08-2020 13:58

My walk-trough - The Devil Is In The Detail

So we start:
https://youtu.be/JaC xXis5tDM
this is the first week,
would be grateful for your commets and feed-back to know wheter some one want to watch it and the rest=)
cause movie making is not as fun as game play, you know... ;)

Bodom writes:
14-02-2021 00:23

youtube upload gone - The Devil Is In The Detail

Have you removed your walkthrough video on youtube ?

Author: didDone (Emerald Moor, NorthEast), 15-08-2020 01:30 Like
Sure one can do better, and
sure someone would do!
but as for me, i wouldnt even try.
As far as "Factory is coming" it's time to leave Heroes for good.
Thanks and Good luck to all! =)

Author: Clagger, 12-08-2020 07:46
Resurrection still available? - The Devil Is In The Detail
Hi, I started playing as Stronghold and instead of getting resurrection from the seer's hut I get summon boat. Was resurrection removed?

15-08-2020 01:18

Lazar never die - The Devil Is In The Detail

it is still avaliable but for another quest

War writes:
20-08-2020 18:59

AFAIK resurrection is available from the mummy huts on left and right hand sides of the map

bluelabel writes:
30-01-2021 13:54

Where are the mummies? - The Devil Is In The Detail

Where can I find them?

Author: JP82 (Poland/Germany), 01-08-2020 18:44
Holy moly.... - The Devil Is In The Detail
Hey there! At first I have to mention that I’m totally done after this playing this map for like 38h in one week at my holiday.

Curiously I’ve chosen this map on my latest HOTA version. Starting with Tower at level Expert. I was surprised by the beautiful detail on the map after playing only random maps for years. Then My main got smashed by the Evil powers early so I just gave up and started as Stronghold (I still got no clue about the map, after having the Earth spell book I was only sure about the banned spells)

So now the Main story (sorry for the length but I have to tell you about my crusade).

So after starting in the bottom mid without any map knowledge beside the Blues (tower) side and the knowledge about the OP AI forces. After getting the third castle in my area suddenly the Green came trough the Gate and he was super strong. I spend about 4 hours only relaying the one fight until I was happy with the result. My main weapon was Berserk through the entire game but you just need some luck with it.

Immediately after the fight the teal player came in dooming me. I was running away for at least 2 months after capturing the towers of the Green player and finally beating teal and getting my homeland again. With this fight I won the Cursed Armor which I used for many fights further on. I still had no idea about the map, I started reading here in the forum because I was so surprised about the difficulty.

I couldn’t expand in the underground on in the mid because I hadn’t the Admirals Hat until the 12th Month(!!!) and where ever I went the enemy’s force was teleporting and b*tch slapping me...

I know it’s a sad story but after having the admirals hat and a week later getting an pink hero with home portal I finally started playing... I took all Castles in the underground and then the South and finally the North.

Teal and Pink were living at least. Teal got beaten in the 14th Month, I got strong casualties but I was rich enough after struggling the whole game before. Then I gathered the Artefakts for the Angelic Alliance with the combination with the Elixir of Life.

I realized that the town portal was in the mid of the Map and I still had no Resurrection spell trough the entire game :D:D Pink was beatable only the “Death” hero was with gigantic super army I was not ready for him. Then suddenly he went to the Sirens and lost sooooo many Units that I immediately ambushed him before he could recover. Quickly after that I won the map. End of The 14 Month It must have been.

Thank you for this (the best HoMM3) experience, I was replying fights for hours and hours. Struggling, sweating and having body pain :D

There are 2 things I would probably change on this map.
1: The garrisons between the kingdoms could be a little bit stronger.

2: Delete the Sirens maybe? :P

3: Maybe push the key tents further into the landscape away from the water?

4: The enemy Players didn’t care about the underground castles at all but gathered everything else on the colour gate areas, maybe this can be fixed/changed somehow?

You got my respect, thanks for stealing my lifetime!

With kind Regards

JP82

Author: r3 (United States), 29-07-2020 10:38 Like
top 3 maps I've ever played - The Devil Is In The Detail
Finally beat this thing after trying over the last couple days. Had to restart once or twice but eventually settled on Styg w/ fortress. MVP was definitely tempestuous fire orb and treasuries. I stalled darkstorn outside one of my towns so I could nuke and surrender with a 7k armageddon. Treasuries were also making me 1 mil+ a week month 8 onward. Swapped Styg for Sorrow as my main around month 9 because his skills were already better than mine without artifacts. Bruted my way to victory with a 99I99I99I99 in the end month 12. Can't wait to start it over as a diff color and keep that 200% train going.

Author: ezrnew, 24-07-2020 16:38 Like
great map - The Devil Is In The Detail
really good map but in my opinion quite too easy even on impossibe if you know how to trick ai (eg capturing unguarded cities with admiral hat and recruiting their huge army)

Vendetta writes:
25-07-2020 08:53

Proof or didn't happen - The Devil Is In The Detail

Please post us a proof of your achievement. Hota version not this one with dimension door.

Because if it's too hard it doesn't mean it's unbeatable.

War writes:
15-08-2020 21:07

Your opinion means very little if you think this map is 1 very easy (the pink faction has 5 devil spawners and spawns next to Armageddon's Blade and plays necromancers) and then 2 give your advice saying "oh ... just capture neutral towns ... clearly this is a way to win" haha WHAT that's literally the most pointless advice you could give. you never beat this map. apologize for lying on the internet, or have your name forever disgraced.

Author: Vendetta (Buc), 19-07-2020 01:55
Original Version - The Devil Is In The Detail
How do you actually beat this map in the Hota Version.

Of course , after getting zerged by ping with 3k dragons and 10k liches I abandoned the map.

The Hota version, offers no dimension door in huts only resurect.

And Pink keeps on hoarding and hoarding army.

The fact that he is Armagedon immune makes it even worse.

The heroes are overpowered like hell, and in the Impossible difficulty you just cannot beat it.

Dimension door would be a great boost, but in the Hota version is banned .

I just don't know how you can beat the Hota version to be honest.

Pink or teal just comes to you first month's , and even with crap army at 50/50/45/45 stats, good luck beating him.

I can share the save but it's pretty much pointless.

I have armagedon blade, did the armagedon trick in the castle to get the armour of the damned, and it's still impossible to beat pink

ezrnew writes:
23-07-2020 23:30

compaining about difficulty - The Devil Is In The Detail

"The heroes are overpowered like hell, and in the Impossible difficulty you just cannot beat it"
If map is too hard for you it doesnt mean its impossible to beat

Vendetta writes:
25-07-2020 08:51

Won it - The Devil Is In The Detail

Nvm , I finally beat it . https://ibb.co/31yq6 hC . It took me 442 days though.

The Hota version is indeed hard because you miss dimension door. Makes it harder to navigate the map.

I think that perhaps in my gameplay I got lucky that pink went in a fight with a good hero lost and I ended up with him in the tavern, which made it a little easier.

I would have beat it without that, the only problem is that if teal or pink come for you in the first month it's practically impossible to defend against a 50/50/50/50 hero. My game play allowed me to get a hero that had 35/35/35/35 because of the stupid fight, which ended up in a win.

The version here with dimmension door is not that hard. The Hota version is indeed impossible unless some luck.

Won it on Impossible / Impossible , 442 days.

War writes:
15-08-2020 21:14

Its possible, just keep going at it. You also have to know how to minmax well, my original encounter with the Pink faction was like "wtf" and I'm a very good player - they roll with 50 devils in month 3. but if you learn the map, and learn about azure dragons, grab a diplomacy hero, and try assembling the necromancer artifact...Plus, I don't need to mention rescuing Gelu or Dacon in north and north east parts of the map. If you can beat the other characters to it, that'll spell RIP to anybody. that's my advice, chase the azure dragons from seer huts, fortify in your base to grind the mobs, get town portal early so you can hop between cities. And of course Gelu and Dracon are as powerful as the necromancer artifact.

Author: conr (PL), 02-07-2020 04:08 Like
Old version - The Devil Is In The Detail
Hello,

I played map before and it was great. Now I tried to download it again, but new version is not working with HotA 1.5.4. I know that I can update HotA, but is there older version of the map avaible somewhere?

koget (Denmark) writes:
02-07-2020 21:08

Version - The Devil Is In The Detail

Hi,

You can still find the original version in HotA. As for the previous version, use this one: https://easyupload.i o/btl8sc

conr (Poland) writes:
04-07-2020 02:50

Thanks - The Devil Is In The Detail

Thanks a lot kogeT. It's working with HotA 1.5.4. I have original version from HotA, but it's without years of your improvements, so this version is perfect, as its last version working on HotA 1.5.4.

Of course I plan to play also your newer version in the future.

It might be good feature of website to keep older versions available. They are useful not only for compatibility reasons, but also to someone who is actually reading old comments and want to check what there are about. Or replay game like he was playing before, etc...

Thanks again :)

Author: kogeT (Copenhagen), 01-07-2020 11:17
Update - The Devil Is In The Detail - The Devil Is In The Detail
Hi all,

I have updated the map. Some additional cleanup for few parts of the map, quite few changes to quests (especially the troll quest became more interesting now with multple quests). Some changes to AI so they can a bit more effecient, some changes to jail heroes. :-)

Good luck!

koget

24-07-2020 06:20

Things change ;) - The Devil Is In The Detail

Finaly i ve got some spare time and found my old save of 111 for Rampart with Luna in tavern.
And what do I see here? the world has been changed =)
Luna is Jailed somewhere!
thats a challenge, but as an oldfag i wouldnt admit that! xD
Nevertheless i ll try to do my best for the previous version.
But, as someone said here, the greatest experience that inspirated me was the very first try)
"the grass was greener, the light was brighter" © =P
Somewhen... maybe... i ll write a story about this advanture

ezrnew writes:
24-07-2020 16:29

update - The Devil Is In The Detail

if i remember well conflux on starting biomes had more guards before, in my opinion if you update map you shouldnt make it easier especially in such simple way :P changes like troll quest are actually fun tho

Author: Rimtastic (Germany), 28-06-2020 22:12 Like
Mike's right - The Devil Is In The Detail
You're right of course Mike. My approach was different – the perfect start plus full knowledge of the map is just one way to play it. After completing it the old fashioned way, I just wanted to see how fast it could be done, just as others here have too.

If I'm honest, I had the most fun the first time round, when I had no map knowledge and just took everything as it came. My three-month victory was only doable due to a special set of circumstances.

I also agree that Armageddon's Blade could be replaced with a less op artifact, as perhaps getting town portal was reward enough. Yet AB does add a certain flavour to the map.

Ultimately though Koget, it's the best map I've ever played. Please don't go changing anything too major :)

Author: Mike, 28-06-2020 18:41
it's fine! - The Devil Is In The Detail
Koget, not to worry, it's fine as it is. Some people like to reload a million times until they get Aine and Leena or Luna or whoever they need. There's a reason they offer screenshots and words instead of video ;-)

Others prefer to play more conservatively and win without reloading, dealing with the good luck and bad luck they receive as it happens, but trying to only go into battle or new area when the result is certain.

People will enjoy it however they like!

The only thing I would think to consider is removing Armageddon's Blade. It's a moderate boost for pink, but they have massive armies and shackles and don't necessarily need it. On the other hand, for a player, it turns the tide in a massive way and allows a reckless early "rush" to be sustained to the endgame.

Author: Rimtastic (Germany), 28-06-2020 17:58 Like
The map is great as it is - The Devil Is In The Detail
Hi koget,

Thanks! I wouldn't change a thing about the map – the difficulty is just fine. My time of three months was only doable due to a strong start and very good knowledge of the map. I've played every faction at least once and am very familiar with the quests, various towns, etc. If I'm honest, I didn't expect to complete it in under four :)

My start was of course on impossible difficulty, but I was fortunate to get such a strong one. Solmyr for chain lightning and Aine/Leena (with quick expert estates) for gold. Since gold is to sparse in the starting location, having 2.2k/day at 121 and 5.7k/day at 131 really helped.

I also got a devil from the mercenary camp in week 1, allowing me to clear creature banks + the underground with a secondary army early on.

Finally, all my heroes had logistics, pathfinding, earth, offence and wisdom (usually plus air and water or navigation). I actually didn't use water walk at all, as I had enough admiral's hats to switch between my heroes via town portal. Resurrection relatively early (241) also came in handy.

I'd be happy to post a week-by-week writeup and more screenshots when I have more time. Looking forward to your next map! :D

Author: koget (Denmark), 28-06-2020 12:35
Amazing result - The Devil Is In The Detail
Hi Rimtastic,

Amazing result fo beat the map so fast. I have recently done it in 5 months which to me was great, but doesn't even come close to this. ;-)

Do you think the map is too easy at this point? Seems like everyone is getting to the middle with ease.. :)

Impy writes:
08-07-2020 14:35

Difficulty - The Devil Is In The Detail

thanks again for wonderful map. It is definitely far from easy for people who do not know the layout. If you are still looking to improve the map, here are a few suggestions:
- significantly reduce number of lighthouses. Combination of Admiral hat + many lighthouses gives player tremendous advantage since many towns are located near shore
- I frequently find the seer huts giving Endless purse of gold (can be exchanged for Admiral's hat) still available even very late in the game. This quest does not seem to appeal to AI, but gives tremendous advantage. Dunno if it was the intention or you would want do some changes to encourage AI to pick it up
- Pink and Teal represent a challenge, other colours not so much. I personally updated your map for myself by giving these 6 x AI a townportal shrine near home and a powerful hero ( at least ADPK 20,20,10,10) near home town. One then has to strengthen also the garrisons between the players
- Teal frequently leaves tons of armies available to buy in both home and conquered towns. Consider boosting his income and garrisons in the underground.
- as usual amongst the most important spells in the game are Slow and Blind and their lack in the early game can affect speed of your progress greatly. For a bit of fun you can remove their availability in the game and give nicely guarded shrines in each players area or leave it at random as it is.

ezrnew writes:
24-07-2020 16:22

difficulty - The Devil Is In The Detail

id also make all monsters on starting biome savage because monsters willing to join make early game way too easy

Author: Rimtastic (Germany), 27-06-2020 19:39 Like
Fantastic map - The Devil Is In The Detail
I beat the map a few times with the same Tower start, each time improving my strategy. After a lot of time and effort, I was finally able to beat the map in 3 months (337), having got Armageddon's Blade at 213.

I so rarely finish long maps due to boredom, so kudos to the map maker :)

Here's a screenshot of my main army on the last day just before the first of the two anti-magic garrisons.

kogeT (Copenhagen) writes:
29-06-2020 18:33

Thanks guys - The Devil Is In The Detail

Really appreciate your comments, thanks for kind words and good tips!

Btw. Romtastic judging from your screens you play the HotA version of the map? You should give it a shot at the latest version from the site. ;-) (not that much different but has some changes!)

Rimtastic (Germany) writes:
30-06-2020 22:41

I'll do that! - The Devil Is In The Detail

Sure, I look forward to playing a different version :)

War writes:
15-08-2020 21:20

By the way, not sure if you have the Golden Bow but thats a superior alternative to your combination artifact, because unless you have archery that combination artifact has no effect in terms of archery. Just wasted space.

16-08-2020 08:59

Bows - The Devil Is In The Detail

Sharpshooters bow is a nice option for fat titans to be blocked either block nasty liches themself and keep damaging without counter strike.

War writes:
20-08-2020 19:09

I looked it up and you're correct, although Im not sure that justifies extra 2 slots for me. At that point I just restart the battle or wait my creature until somebody else can get rid of the creature on my archer. Though to be perfectly honest I hardly even use archers on this map, the most strongest units you can grind here are usually Mind Elementals and Phoenixes from all the elemental cities.

Author: Rimtastic (Germany), 27-06-2020 16:06 Like
I beat the map a few times with the same Tower start, each time improving my strategy. After a lot of time and effort, I was finally able to beat the map in 3 months (337), having got Armageddon's Blade at 213.

I so rarely finish long maps due to boredom, so kudos to the map maker :)

Here's a screenshot of my main army on the last day just before the first of the two anti-magic garrisons.

29-07-2020 22:56

You are the champion =) - The Devil Is In The Detail

Sorry to say... but my Cap is 341
Tried to overcome ur record, but less then 1k sharpshooters at the 11th week just cannot deal enought damage while Azure cover is still alive.
So, congratulation, you perform better!
And thanks to kogeT one more time for this wonderfull advanture!

16-08-2020 09:09

nice stats - The Devil Is In The Detail

Rimtastic,
strong stats,
has solmyr visited every library at the map?))
my girls havent got half of those even after bitting garissons

nice stats - The Devil Is In The Detail

Author: Boots (Denmark), 24-06-2020 03:14
Bad screenshot - The Devil Is In The Detail
Funny thing is pink appear the very next day mid.
I think i can arrive mid on month one week 3 day 7

Author: Boots (Denmark), 24-06-2020 03:11
Hehe - The Devil Is In The Detail
Amazing map, never beat it cause I always wanna retry. But i played tons of times as fortress which i think has the most land to get around on.

Not the fastest i been too mid but I wanted to pick up azure dragons for tazar early on. Awesome map can play it again and again
Hehe - The Devil Is In The Detail

24-06-2020 16:07

142 ?! - The Devil Is In The Detail

Bootz, you are officialy crazy. I have seen so many playthroughs and also tried myself and seen noone even coming below 122! This must be the current world record of breaking into middle. ;-) Luna strong?

24-06-2020 16:08

Middle - The Devil Is In The Detail

222* of course I meant

Boots (Denmark) writes:
24-06-2020 17:58

Tome of fire magic - The Devil Is In The Detail

Haha also tried many times

Boots (Denmark) writes:
24-06-2020 18:02

New record Inc - The Devil Is In The Detail

I can get to mid faster, when I thin about it can probably get there at week 2 Day 7

30-07-2020 17:32

Everything happends for a reason it does © - The Devil Is In The Detail

Pink appears next day because Black border guard blocks 2-way portal from/to "hell". so he couldnt arrive till u open it,
sure there is an option: one-way portal, but it is guarded by 20-49 Azure dragons from pinks side. dragons obtain dragon armor set btw=)
i think in your case pink wasnt ready to fight them at that early moment u arrived at the mid and broke the border)

Author: Rushwood, 19-06-2020 05:23
videos - The Devil Is In The Detail
also none videos work. even if fix link - video does not exist on youtube. deleted?

Author: Rushwood, 19-06-2020 05:22
Luna - The Devil Is In The Detail
how do u get Luna as a hero? i never see her in tavern. lucky game or reload until she appear?

kogeT writes:
23-06-2020 09:36

Hi,

You can't get Luna in the latest version, as she is used as a prison hero for Citadel. She can only be found in the original version in HotA

kogeT writes:
24-06-2020 16:06

I meant fortress* :)

16-08-2020 12:40

Late Luna - The Devil Is In The Detail

Luna is an amazing starter when u have poor army and and heroes spell books are near empty.
otherwise, at a mid-game and late-game, she is a just good mage, no more =)

Author: Sebastian Moreno (Denmark), 01-06-2020 22:10
amazing map - The Devil Is In The Detail
AMAZING map man.

so damn challenging.

was teleportet downstairs and was harrashed by AI all the time. more than 300 turns in i gave up. amazing map man.

Author: Piotr Urbanski (Bellevue, USA), 01-06-2020 04:54 Like
Best map ever! - The Devil Is In The Detail
Seriously- this is an awesome map. I can't remember being so challenged (or basically really challenged while playing any version of Heroes 3) till now.
At first few attempts it seemed unbeatable.
I've just won it for the first time now. My hints: playing with Rampart is the easiest, at first because of Gelu and his sharpshooters, but later the dwarven treasuries will make a difference, because gold you will need.
I've used the Admiral's hat and shackles of war to harass teal and pink heroes around the central island, constantly avoiding Plague and Mutare Drake. At some point I decided that it's actually getting me nowhere, so I went underground and captured the cities there. They weren't really heavily defended but their garrisons after capturing were full of thousands of creatures. This is when the dwarven banks got handy :)
After coming back from underground with hundreds of devils and black dragons and thousands of pit lords and sultans I was the one chasing the teal and pink.
Anyway- great fun and great heroes experience. Kudos to the man who made the map!

koget (Denmark) writes:
01-06-2020 13:57

Congrats - The Devil Is In The Detail

Cześć Piotr! :)

Congrats on beating the map. I do agree that playing with Rampart is the easiest, primarly due to sharpshooters. I was thinking about removing Gelu but decided to leave it so anyone who cannot beat the map can use that "hack". :)

How long did it take to complete?

Piotr Urbanski (Bellevue, USA) writes:
02-06-2020 00:17

great map! - The Devil Is In The Detail

Hi, congrats of making such a great map.

It took long- over 12 months. I took my time before I realized that my guerrilla tactics doesn't really work (admirals hat+ shackles of war+ Kyrre with logistics and navigation) because I was only able to beat minor AI heroes while Mutare Drake and Chaos were walking around with armies stronger than mine.
My plan was that once I defeat all the AI heroes with customized names like Doom, Chaos, Agony... the pink will have weaker heroes later and my army plus my hero with strong stats will be enough.
This wasn't the case so I started checking what's going on in the underground and I said- when I came back with all these dragons, devils and Pit Lords I was the one chasing him.
3 garrisons within the pentagram I could also beat with this army, for the others I had to hire the undeads from those 3 Necropolis towns. Again- they weren't strongly defended there were thousands of creatures available there.
I think I'm gonna have to try playing it with someone else than Rampart :)

Piotr Urbanski (Bellevue, USA) writes:
02-06-2020 00:21

tip - The Devil Is In The Detail

By the way- I have a tip which may be useful for those who struggle with garrisons within the pentagram- the magic ones.
All magic is blocked there so you can't even cast slow BUT by this point you should probably have the Armor of the Damned- the spells from this armor (slow included!!!) will be casted.
Is this a bug?

Author: koget (Denmark), 21-05-2020 21:08
Difficulty - The Devil Is In The Detail
Hi Marius,

Glad you are enjoying the map! Keep on trying, the map is beatable and many people won it already.

As for that huge army, it sounds like it is a little bit too much for month 4 and I would like to check it - could you share the save?

Author: Marius, 20-05-2020 01:51 Like
Great Map - The Devil Is In The Detail
Great map but the impossible version is truly unbeatable, teal and pink are too overpowered, in month 4-5 one of their heroes attacked me with 300 black dragons and 300 archdevils, 700 manticores, 700 sultans...that is bullshit...month 4. The only way is to run, take back cities...I have most of the towns but still can't beat teal or pink main forces.

Marius writes:
21-05-2020 21:11

Hi,
Finished it today, 12 months but worth it! Best map around!!!
Thank you for this.

War writes:
21-08-2020 01:38

I agree, there may not be a good solution for this but early game is unbalanced as hell, I remember one of the OP heroes with preset stacks, I think the Teal one, came to my city in month TWO with 20 lvl 7 dragons, 200+ other armies...but then some of my playthroughs nobody bothers me ever. So its completely up to luck if one of the OP heroes with preset armies comes to where you are.

War writes:
21-08-2020 01:40

BTW, why is Marius posting with a very positive message the day after he posted the first message, saying he finished something he couldnt before? Writing in a completely different manner to how he wrote before? Author better not be making up his own positive reviews and responses lol.

Marius Stelian Trifu (Bucharest) writes:
23-08-2020 11:20

Answer - The Devil Is In The Detail

Because when you are stuck you think it's impossible and then when you see there is a solution for everything and manage to get through and finish something you thought to be hard it's a good feeling. You have a very "complex" way of suggesting to yourself that you find it difficult and the other users which finished maybe are bots or author

23-08-2020 14:02

Best proof is your own expirience - The Devil Is In The Detail

Agrreed, there are things, which seem unlikely possible until you do it yourself, belive me ;)

Author: ZQR, 13-05-2020 22:03 Like
best - The Devil Is In The Detail
The best map I ever played

koget (Denmark) writes:
21-05-2020 21:09

Thanks! - The Devil Is In The Detail

Really happy you enjoyed the map ZQR. :) How long did it take to win it and what difficulty did you try?

Author: RV (Finland), 09-05-2020 12:43
Great map - The Devil Is In The Detail
Finished in 10 months 3 weeks, impossible 200 % version. Great map even though I have to quit maybe five times because I had no idea what you should do to beat those pinks :)

koget (Denmark) writes:
21-05-2020 21:10

Congrats - The Devil Is In The Detail

Good job RV, map is tough but 10 months on 200% is quite ok. ;-)

Did you just brute force the pink heroes or used some dirty tactics?

Author: mch (Romania), 19-04-2020 22:19 Like
Had a lot of fun playing this, good job. Best map I've played, hands down.
Lack of knowledge (how to get spells and such) and one fight that I should not have picked, meant it took me an eternity to beat. Oh, and an asshole AI took my admirals hat, so I had to find another one, did not expect that :))
If you have a lot of spare time sometimes, a less 'symmetric' ; version would be really fun too. Like a more random looking map.
Anyways, thanks again :D

20-04-2020 14:03

AI opponents - The Devil Is In The Detail

You are so inequitable for AI, they are so naive and cute))
Teal, for example, provides you with some usefull artifacts,

and Red... is so sweat...
once he hadnt hire archers at all till my Gelu arrived, Gelu was pleased to train about a thousand of sharpshooters
other brilliant idea was to send Sylvia to the nearest island with all troops but without summon boat spell xD,
that was a really cruel, but so pleasantly to sink her ship and visit unprotected towns =)

koget (Denmark) writes:
21-05-2020 21:11

Map - The Devil Is In The Detail

Thanks for the feedback and good job on beating the map Mch. This map took me a year to make the 1st version, I cannot even think how long it would take to create and balance if it was more random. ;-) I am working on a "more random one" though, but expect another 1-2 years to complete.

Author: mch (Romania), 19-04-2020 20:11 Like
Had a lot of fun playing this, good job. Best map I've played, hands down.
Lack of knowledge (how to get spells and such) and one fight that I should not have picked, meant it took me an eternity to beat. Oh, and an asshole AI took my admirals hat, so I had to find another one, did not expect that :))
If you have a lot of spare time sometimes, a less 'symmetric' ; version would be really fun too. Like a more random looking map.
Anyways, thanks again :D

Author: didDone (Emerald Moor, NorthEast), 19-04-2020 15:04 Like
upd: - The Devil Is In The Detail
honestly trying to refresh that combats in memory: i think i used
2 aditional stacks about 500 ice elementals & near 500 storm elementals at the east
(to protect sharpshooters and inflicting some damage)
and 2 separated angels to kite remainig knights & vampires at the west
elementals heroically died, but angels survived))

Author: didDone (Emerald Moor, NorthEast), 19-04-2020 08:47 Like
that was painfull - The Devil Is In The Detail
right you are!
that nasty guards were hard...
surely i hadnt captured that ;)
but i can tell you tactics in general for that:
aotd & 1k sharpshooters
+
mephala & block-liches-sacrifi ces(azures+phoenixes for east, archdevils+black dragons for west)
after that all u need to do just to shoot + run form sceletons/zombies/mu mmies and so on.... just like you do at graveyard)))
ghost-dragons are the problem, but usualy they fall while trying to unblock liches(thats why mephala is necessary: while sacrifices are alive sharpshooters can shoot ;))

Author: Conqueror, 18-04-2020 13:37
lol - The Devil Is In The Detail
You guys beating the game in month 4 or 5 need to post some videos, lol. I'm curious how you beat things like the anti-magic garrison with 1000's of liches and everything.

koget (Denmark) writes:
21-05-2020 21:12

Speed - The Devil Is In The Detail

Hi, check this video for inspiration. It is an old version but highlights what is possible if you know what you are doing. :)

https://www.youtube. com/watch?v=dkXn_LZg fx8

| 1-30 | 31-60 | 61-90 | 91-120 | 121-150 | 151-180 | 181-210 | 211-240 | 241-249 |

Heroes 3: Horn of the Abyss 1.6.1 - Download Section

Heroes 7 News

Heroes 3 map: "Atlantic Revolutions"

Heroes 3 New map: "1797:Northern Italy campaign"

Heroes 7 maps

Heroes 7 patch 2.2 now available

Heroes 7 Creatures Fortress

Heroes 7 patch 1.8 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.7 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.6 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.5 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.4 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.3 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.2.1 now available

Heroes 7 cheats

Heroes 7 available!!! - Launch Trailer

Heroes 7 - closed beta 2 now available!

Heroes 7 screenshots

Heroes 7 Elves faction

Heroes 7 Dwarves faction

Heroes 7 Academy faction

Heroes 7 Haven faction

Heroes 7 release date: 29 September 2015

Haps4Heroes.com

How can I support maps4heroes.com ?

YooMoney:

Copyright © 1999-2024 All questions and comments please mail to evgkuz@yandex.ru

Privacy Policy